News: Loyal – Moose Lodge
Founded (Feb 1915)
Surnames: Tulip, Kreisch, Johnson, O'Hara, O'Hora, Sunday
----- Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 02/18/1915
A branch of the Loyal Order of Moose of the World, to be known as Dairy Belt Lodge No. 1603, was instituted under auspicious circumstances in our village (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) Monday evening at a meeting in the Opera House. International Director G.A. Tulip, through whose instrumentality the lodge was founded, conducted the exercises.
Preceding the exercises those present were entertained with a four round boxing exhibition between Kid Kreisch and Cal Johnson, which resulted in a draw between the two men.
The ritualistic work was exemplified by about 24 officers and members of the Marshfield Moose, who came up on the evening train. Rev. Frank O'Hara, pastor of Nasonville Church, helped with the initiatory work and closed the meeting with an address on Purity Aid and Progress. Rev. O'Hora is one of the most flourishing speakers of the day and his official title is "Last Chance," as many speakers fail to express their meaning plainly, when Mr. O'Hora is called upon to do so. He talks at the rate of 120 words a minute, which can only be equaled by one man, known as W. A. Sunday.
After the meeting all the Moose and guests went into the dining room, where an excellent banquet was served. About 70 covers were laid. The hall and dining room were beautifully decorate in Moose and patriotic colors and presented a most beautiful scene.
Mr. Tulip states that the lodge starts with a charter membership of 40, all of whom were taken in at this meeting. The lodge in our village is composed of some of our best men. The charter is still open for thirty days, and the feed is only $5.00. After thirty days, when the charter will be closed, the fees will be $25.00. Don't miss this golden opportunity if you want to be a Moose.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs