Bio: Auberg, Bernard – Ran
Withee Service Station/Auto Dealership
Surnames: Auberg, Heideman, Bonk, Bliven
---------Source: Withee Centennial (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 2001
Bernard Auberg bought his first service station in Withee from Harold Heideman in 1939. It was located where Withee 66 is now and was operated by his brother Tony (shown by the gas pumps). The property was sold in the late 1940s and Aubergs bought the location where Pogo's Hardware was located on Hwy X. This operation consisted of a Pontiac Agency, mechanical service, and a service station. It was managed by Roy Auberg and was sold in 1960, after Roy's death, to Harry Bonk.
Bernard bought the Owen Chevrolet Garage from Paul Stasek and his two sons. The Pontiac and Chevrolet agencies were combined and Bernard operated the business until 1966 when fire destroyed the property. It was located on Central Ave. in Owen, where Nichols Boumatic is now.
Bernard then bought some land on the north side of Hwy X between Withee and Owen and built a new garage and called it Midway Chevrolet-Pontiac. This he operated until 1968 when it was sold to Kathryn and Cy Bliven. In 1977 it was sold to the Bredlaus.
Bernard also operated a trucking and livestock concern, has served on the County Board, and was a charter member of the Withee Lions Club, an organization to which he still belongs.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs