Obit: Morrison, Helen H. (1924 – 2008)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Morrison, Moore, Hall, Faul, Johnson, Watkins, Hansen, Wentz, Kleckner, Skiff, Julien, Wilke
---Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) November 19, 2008
Morrison, Helen H. (18 February 1924 – 11 November 2008)
Helen Morrison, 84, of Neillsville died Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2008, at the Memorial Health and Rehabilitation Center in Neillsville.
Helen Hope Morrison was born Feb. 18, 1924, in the Town of Bridge Creek, Eau Clarie County. She was raised in Augusta, the 14th child of Alpha and Hattie (Moore) Hall. She was united in marriage to Edmond Morrison Jan. 14, 1944, in Stanley. They lived in the Town of Foster, where eight children were born, but two died at birth. Later, they moved to Eau Claire and where they lived for six years. Helen ended up moving to Neillsville after Edmond died in 1979.
She is survived by five children, Tom (Maria) Morrison of Baronette, Dixie (Fred) Faul of Granton, Bonnie (Harold) Johnson of Sheldon, Roxie Morrison of Willard, and Rochelle Watkins of Eau Claire; 13 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and one sister, Ruth Hansen, of Augusta.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Edmond; a son, Tim Lee, in 1972; two baby daughters; a grandson, John Daniel, in 1977; a great-granddaughter, Shylo, in 2003; and four brothers and eight sisters.
Funeral services for Helen were held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, 2008, at the Living Hope Evangelical Free Church in Neillsville with Pastor Steven Wentz officiating. Music was provided by Annette Kleckner, organist, and David Skiff, soloist. Interment was in the Butlerville Cemetery in Thorp.
Casketbearers were Kyle Julien, Brandon Johnson, Calvin Morrison, Casey Morrison, Eddy Morrison and Jay Wilke.
The Gesche Funeral Home assisted Helen’s family with funeral arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs