Bio: Davidson, Jacob Andrew (1914)
Surnames: Davidson, Olson, Gregerson, Jacobson, Davidson
----Source: History of Eau Claire County Wisconsin (1914) page 693
Jacob Andrew Davidson is a native of Norway, where he was born July 12, 1863, son of David Jacobson and Olivia Mathilde (Olson) Jacobson, on the farm Wooler in Eisvold, Norway. He received a common school education and after the age of fifteen served a two years' apprenticeship with his father, who was a building contractor, then entered into service with Dremmens Elvens Paper Mill, Madum, Norway. At Madum he was married to Gunda Christine Gregerson, daughter of Jonas Hud Gurine Gregerson, of Norway.
Gunda Christine (Gregerson) Davidson was born April 17, 1864, at Sonstby, Norway. Mr. and Mrs. Davidson have had a family of eleven children: Mathilda Josephine, Gerda Davida, Gerhard Daniel, Conrad Albert, Alf. Harold, Leona Elfreda, Jul. Arthur, Guy Clarence, Carl Fritjof, Ruth Viola, Ester Constance, of which Gerda Davida died at the age of eighteen months, the remaining ten children still living at home with their parents.
Mr. Davidson and his family came to Eau Claire, Wis., October 9, 1890, and for two winters found employment in the woods and in the saw mills in the city. He started work with the Madison St. Manufacturing Company during the summer of 1891 as a building carpenter and part of the time as cabinet maker in the company's factory, staying with this firm until 1897, when he was employed by the Hoeppner Bartlett Company, building contractors, of Eau Claire, Wis., as foreman in their shop.
Since 1908 he has lived on his farm of 160 acres in the Town of Union, where he has built up a home. His sons are looking after the work on the farm, and Mr. Davidson is still holding the position of foreman with the Hoeppner-Bartlett Company, of Eau Claire.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs