Bio: Schulz, Gottfried (1876 - 19??)
Surnames: Schulz, Schrade, Scherwinski,
---Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and Representative Citizens, by Louis Marchetti, 1913.
---Schulz, Gottfried (4 April 1876 - 19??)
GOTTFRIED SCHULZ, owner and proprietor of a furniture store, at Mosinee, Wis., also in the undertaking business, has been a resident of this place since 1911, and has lived in America since 1900. Mr. Schulz was born in Germany, April 4, 1876, and is a son of Jacob and Anna (Schrade) Schulz. The father is deceased but the mother still lives in Germany. The family consisted of one daughter, Regina, and four sons: Gottfried, Jacob, August and Henry.
In Germany all boys go to school as it is the excellent law of the land, and afterward all learn a self supporting trade. The one to which Gottfried Schulz applied himself was cabinetmaking although his father was a stonecutter. After reaching the United States he came to Price County, Wis., where he remained for two months and then sought a larger place and settled at Oshkosh, in Winnebago County, and there worked at his trade for seven and one-half years, when he returned to Price county and established himself in the furniture business at Park Falls, adding undertaking two years later. In order to qualify as an embalmer he attended the Barnes School of Anatomy at Oshkosh, where he was graduated June 25, 1909. He continued in business at Park Falls until 1911 when he came to Mosinee, where he is the only dealer in furniture. He has invested capital here and owns his comfortable residence.
In 1898 Mr. Schulz was married to Miss Minnie Scherwinski, who was born in Germany and they have four children: Frederick, Paula, Gertrude and Meta. The family belongs to the Lutheran Church. Mr. Schulz is law abiding in every way but takes no great interest in politics.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs