BioM: Stoughton, Marjorie (1944)
Surnames: Stoughton, Mueller, Heutzenroeder, Fasse, Bhend, Ewan, Gaiser
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) Thuesday, 30 Nov. 1944
Stoughton, Marjorie (Marriage - 25 Nov. 1944)
Baskets of mixed flowers and ferns and lighted candelabra decorated the altar of St. Johnís Evangelical and Reformed church at Milan, Saturday afternoon, for the wedding of Miss Marjorie Stoughton, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Stoughton, town of Johnson, and Paul Mueller, son of John Mueller, Marshfield.
The Rev. H. H. Heutzenroeder officiated at the double ring ceremony. Miss Frieda Gaiser, an aunt of the bride, played the wedding marches and the accompaniment for the duets of Mrs. Albert Fasse and daughter, Shirley, who sang Oh Promise Me and O Perfect Love.
The brideís gown of white duchess satin, in princess style, was trimmed with lace at the shoulders of the long sleeves, which ended in points over the wrists. Lace also encircled the heart shaped neckline and extended the full length of the dress into the court train. Her floor length veil, arranged in blusher style, was worn with a coronet of satin and pearls. She carried a shower bouquet of white chrysanthemums and yellow pompons. The pearls which she wore had belonged to her grand mother.
Miss Grace Bhend, town of Johnson, a cousin of the bride, attending as maid of honor, was attired in blue velvet with a Juliet cap to match. Her gown was styled with a bouffant skirt and snug bodice, with sweetheart neck line, and bracelet length sleeves.
The bridesmaids, Miss Laura Mueller, Two Rivers, a sister of the bridegroom, and Mrs. Donald Stoughton, town of Johnson, a sister-in-law of the bride, were identically attired in gowns of aqua blue and wine velvet. All three wore pearl necklaces, gifts of the bride, and carried bouquets of chrysanthemums and pompons.
Mrs. Stoughton, the mother of the bride, dressed in black, wore at her shoulder a corsage of roses and swansonia.
Ervin Ewan and Walter and Donald Stoughton, brothers of the bride, all of the town of Johnson, attended the bridegroom, the former serving as best man.
The wedding supper was served at the 10-13 club at Marshfield for the immediate families and was followed by a dance at the Trianon Gardens.
Upon their return from a wedding trip to southern Wisconsin, the young people will take up their residence in Marshfield. The bride, who is a graduate of the Athens high school, with the class of 1939, has been employed the past two years by the Roddis Lumber and Veneer company of Marshfield, with whom the bridegroom is also associated.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs