Bio: Schott, T. J. (1878 – 19??)
Surnames: Schott, Heinzen, Timm, Krause, Wegner, Musch,
---Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and Representative Citizens, by Louis Marchetti, 1913.
---Schott, T. J. (27 August 1878 – 19??)
T. J. SCHOTT, secretary and treasurer of the Wausau Iron Works, at Wausau, has been one of its officials since the establishing of the business, June 15, 1908, in which year he came to this city. He was born in Manitowoc County, Wis., August 27, 1878 and was reared on a farm until the age of fourteen years.
After leaving home, Mr. Schott went to school in the city of Milwaukee for two years, having previously had but meager opportunities. He then became interested along the line of structural iron work and for ten years worked in a foundry at Appleton, Wis. In association with Messrs. A. C. Heinzen and W. H. Timm he organized the Appleton Steam Boiler and Manufacturing Company, which title was later changed to the Northern Boiler and Structural Iron Works, and in 1907 a branch was started at Wausau. In 1908 the present company was organized with F. W. Krause as president; C. H. W. Wegner as vice-president; T. J. Schott as secretary and treasurer, and A. C. Heinzen as general manager. Employment is afforded on an average to about 100 men, the output being structural steel for bridges and other buildings. Modern building has demonstrated the demand for structural steel in the last few years as never before and a prosperous future stretches out for such well financed and ably managed concerns as the Wausau Iron Works.
Mr. Schott was married to Miss Florentine Musch, of Waupaca County, Wis., and they have two sons, Norman and Wilbur. While essentially a business man, Mr. Schott is not by any means unmindful of the duties of citizenship which are among the acknowledged responsibilities of those who lead in the business world.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs