BioM: Kisten, Rudy (1935)
Surnames: Kisten, Haderlein, Buenger, Kallien, Crocker
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 27 June 1935
Kisten, Rudy (Marriage – 22 June 1935)
Miss Rudy Kisten, daughter of Mrs. L. Kisten, Kenosha, and Rudolph Haderlein, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Haderlein, Milan, were united in marriage at a beautiful wedding ceremony at Kenosha Saturday, June 22. The wedding took place at the Evangelical Lutheran church, Kenosha, with the Rev. Buenger performing the ceremony.
The bride was beautifully gowned in blue georgette, with accessories of white. She wore a corsage of roses, carnations and orchids.
The bride was attended by her sister, Miss Jeanette Kisten, who wore a gown of yellow taffeta. The groom was attended by his brother, Frank Haderlein, Milan.
A reception was held for the immediate family at the home of the bride’s mother after the ceremony. The home and church were beautifully decorated with bouquets of cut flowers.
The groom is a well known local man, having grown up at Milan from childhood. Eight years ago he began work at the Laab’s dairy plant and at present holds the position of bookkeeper at the plant. His bride has a number of friends in Milan as she visited here on several occasions.
The young couple are making their home in the Kallien residence, formerly occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Donald Crocker, and will be at home to friends after June 25.
The groom’s mother, Mrs. John Haderlein, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Haderlein and daughter, Geraldine, Milan, Mrs. Herman Haderlein and son, Robert, and Miss Louise Haderlein, Chicago, were out of town guests at the wedding.
Mr. and Mrs. Haderlein made a short wedding trip to Chicago. A charivari was tendered them Monday evening after their return to Milan.
A large number of friends join in extending their congratulations to the young couple.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs