Obit: Viergutz, Theodore W.
(1910 - 1969)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Viergutz, Klager, Davis, Gullickson, Stevens, Moen, Larsen, Lindow, Walker, DeMert, Jake, Smith, Scott, Dushek
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 1/16/1969
Viergutz, Theodore W. (3 March 1910 - 8 January 1969)
Funeral services were held Saturday afternoon from the Georgas Funeral Home for Theodore W. Viergutz, 58, of Neillsville, who died January 8, at his home, following a long illness. The Rev. William Dushek of the United Methodist Church officiated. Burial was made in the Neillsville City Cemetery.
Mr. Viergutz was born March 3, 1910, in Little Chute. His parents were the late Frank and Minnie (Klager) Viergutz. As a child he came with his parents to Clark County, where the family operated a cheese factory in the Town of York, later settling on a farm in the Town of Pine Valley. He attended rural schools and was a graduate of Neillsville High School, after which he worked as an automobile mechanic in a local garage.
He was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War. After his return to Neillsville he worked for a few years at the old Milk Products Cooperative plant. On February 27, 1963, he reentered the army and in 1965 received a medical discharge. He was married on June 7, 1938, to the former Minerva Davis in Maquoketa, Ia.
Survivors are his wife and a brother, Reinhold, of Seattle, Wash.
Pallbearers were: Herman Moen, Forest J. Larsen, Merlin Lindow, Harold Walker, Robert DeMert and Orville Jake. “Onward Christian Soldiers” and “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” were sung by Kendall Smith, accompanied by Mrs. Jess W. Scott.
People from out of town here for the funeral included: Fred H. Viergutz and Judith Viergutz of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Gullickson of White Bear Lake, Minn.; and Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Stevens of Bruce.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs