BioM: Hilber, Jean Ann (1964)
Surnames: Loughead, Hilber, Michels, Jorgensen, Fike, Lemanski, Foster, Hembrae, Johnson, Wilhelmi, Beaty
----Source: Tribune/Phonograph (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wis.) 24 Sep 1964
Hilber, Jean Ann (19 SEP 1964)
The wedding of Miss Jean Ann Hilber, Kenosha, and William Loughead, Kenosha, took place at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Colby, on Saturday, Sept. 19, 1964. The Rev. John Pinion officiated.
Parents of the bridal couple are Mr. and Mrs. Leo Hilber of Colby and Mr. and Mrs. William Loughead Sr. of Abbotsford.
The church was decorated in fall astors and gladioli, and the sisters of St. Mary's sang Ave Maria. The bride was given in marriage by her father.
For her wedding, the bride wore a floor length gown of crystal satin with a fitted bodice and full skirt ending in a chapel sweep. Three-quarter length sleeves were embroidered with crystals and pearls, and a petal headpiece held a fingertip veil. She carried a white orchid surrounded by carnations and stephanotis.
Mary Michels of Oshkosh, the bride's cousin, was maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Mrs. Jerry Jorgensen, Oshkosh, Judy Fike, Milwaukee, and Diane Lemanski, Kenosha. They all wore floor length emerald green gowns, styled with a fitted bodice and floor length skirts. Their headpieces and slippers matched their dresses. They carried bouquets of shaded bronze mums.
Attending the groom were his best man, Michael Hilber, Marshfield, and groomsmen Jerry Jorgensen, Oshkosh, Dennis Foster, Kenosha, and Ken Hembrae, Kenosha.
Karla Johnson, Colby, was the flower girl, and Scott Jorgensen, Oshkosh, was ring bearer.
Ushers were Ken Wilhelmi and Joe Beaty, both of Abbotsford.
A reception and dinner were held at the Colby Hotel.
The bride is a 1960 graduate of Colby High School, presently employed at Zion TV, Zion, Ill. Her husband is a 1959 graduate of Abbotsford High School. He works for American Motors in Kenosha.
The couple will be making their home at 1346 50th St., Kenosha.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs