News: Withee (28 Mar 1912)
Surnames: Funk, Kristiansen, Owen, Berger, Nielsen, Davidson
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 28 Mar 1912
The workshop of Chas. Funk was destroyed by fire Sunday morning about ten-thirty. The fire is said to have originated from a defective chimney.
A number of the owners and breeders of Holstein stock went to Thorp yesterday morning to be present at the meeting of the Holstein Breeders Association, which is in session in that village.
Alfred Kristiansen and R. Owen had a collision in the dark last Monday evening while driving between here and Owen. They did not see each other coming and when they did it was too late to avoid the accident. Mr. and Mrs. Kristiansen were thrown out of the buggy, but luck was with them and neither one got hurt. Their buggy was broken to some extend and their horse ran away.
Chas Berger will again take the management of the Withee Lumber and Fuel Co. on Tuesday morning, he taking the place of A.C. Nielsen. John Davidson will also leave the Fuel Co. when Mr. Nielsen resigns.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs