BioM: Schlim, Irmagard (1953)
Surnames: Meinhardt, Schlim, Muench, Awe, Kuester
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 22 Oct 1953
Schlim, Irmagard (14 OCT 1953)
A beautiful fall wedding was solemnized on Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 14, 1953 at 2 p.m. when Miss Irmagard Schlim, foster daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Awe of Owen, became the bride of Harry C. Meinhardt, son of Mr. and Mrs. Otto Meinhardt of Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.). The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. Charles Koch at the Immanuel Evangelical and Reformed Church of Greenwood, R. 2.
For her wedding, the bride chose a white waltz length frock with net skirt over taffeta, floral embroidery in front, with lace and net bodice, short puffed sleeves and a row of tiny buttons down the back. Her fingertip veil of lace fell from a lace headdress trimmed with mock orange blossoms. She carried a colonial bouquet of red roses and white carnations.
Attending the bride as matron of honor, was Mrs. Ingrid Muench of Eau Claire, a close friend, who was attired in a blue waltz length strapless gown of lace and net over taffeta, with a lace jacket to match. The bridesmaid was Mrs. Clarence Meinhardt, sister-in-law of the groom, who wore a waltz length gown of coral colored lace and net over taffeta. Both carried matching bouquets of white and tinted pompoms and wore a headpiece of similar flowers.
The groom chose as his attendants, Calvin Awe of Owen and Clarence Meinhardt of Greenwood.
During the ceremony, Mrs. Elmer Meinhardt and Miss Gladys Kuester sang "I Love Your Truly" and "The Lord's Prayer," accompanied by Alfred Muench at the organ.
Mrs. Awe viewed the wedding in an orchid colored dress, while Mrs. Meinhardt was attired in a black and rose dress.
After the wedding a reception was held at the Wm. Awe home with 45 guests present.
After a short honeymoon in Iowa, the couple will make their home on the groom's farm west of Greenwood.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs