School: Greenwood High School Addition (1939)
Surnames: Baird, Armstrong, Steiger, Deuel, Schwahn, Hinkie, Heinze, Crowley, Bienfang, Sell, Kelly, Jacobson, Clark, Bartz
----Source: Scrapbook of Bertha and Caroline (Wehrmann) Volk 1930-1950’s
GREENWOOD HIGH SCHOOL AND THE NEW $60,000.00 ADDITION
Because of the increased enrollment from year to year, more courses were added
and more improvements were
made until it became necessary to enlarge the school. The addition is our grand,
new auditorium. The main
attractions in it are the beautiful gym and stage. There are also dressing
rooms, showers for girls and boys, a
recitation room and a farm machine shop. The stage has a wine colored curtain
with the monogram “G” on it for
which we are indeed proud.
The project was started December 5, 1938 and was completed on August 18, 1939. The total cost amounting to approximately $56,484. The auditorium will be open for the public with an appropriate dedication and program Friday evening. The school board consists of H.R. Baird, director; D.A. Armstrong, clerk, and William Steiger, treasurer. The faculty consist of O.P. Deuel, principal and the following high school teachers: R.W. Schwahn, L.G. Hinkle, A. Heinze, G. Crowley, B. Bienfang, R. Sell, M. Kelly. The grade teachers are: H. Jacobson, R. Clark, L. Bartz, and A. Jacobson.
We the students of the Greenwood High School, express our appreciation to the City of Greenwood for this lively building and all of us are eagerly looking forward to the many activities which will be held in it during the course of
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs