Obit: Lowe, Roy Lee (1878 – 1966)
Contact: Dinah Reinke
Surnames: Lowe, Christensen, Eckes, Knowles, Jones, Cendt
------ Source: Tribune-Phonograph (Abbotsford and Colby, Clark Co., Wis.) 05/12/1966
------ Lowe, Roy Lee (24 JUL 1878 – 07 MAY 1966)
Roy Lee Lowe 87, died at a Wausau hospital Saturday, May 7, at 1:30 a.m. The body lay in state at the Polnaszek Funeral Home at Abbotsford. Funeral services were held Monday afternoon at one o’clock at the First Presbyterian church at Abbotsford after which interment was made in Trinity Rest Lawn cemetery at Hixton.
The Rev. Charles Glidden conducted the services during which the Misses Ann Carol and Joyce Lenz sang “Abide With Me”. Mrs. James Daellenbach was accompanist and organist.
The pallbearers were Carl and Connie Christensen, Roger Eckes, Roy and Roger Lowe and Laverne Knowles.
Roy Lee Lowe was born July 24, 1878, near Whitehall, Wis., one of a family of nine children. His marriage to Clara Jones took place Nov. 28, 1900, at Hixton. Mr. Lowe taught in Trempealeau and Jackson county schools for a number of years and was a railroad mail clerk and later he farmed in the town of Frankfort and near Marshfield. In 1952 he retired from farming and the Lowes moved to Abbotsford. Late in 1962 they moved to Wausau where Mrs. Lowe died April 4, 1963. Mr. Lowe was a member of the Masonic Lodge for over 50 years.
He is survived by two sons, Sherman of Milwaukee and Wesley of Eau Claire, and two daughters, Mrs. Howard (Ruth) Cendt of Wausau and Mrs. Victor (Kathryn) Christensen of Marshfield, and one brother, Hugh Lowe of Winona, Minn.
There are nine grand children and 29 great grand children.
Relatives and friends attending
the funeral came from Marshfield, Wausau, Madison, Eau Claire, Milwaukee,
Hillsdale, Chetek, Hixton, La Crosse, Colby, Abbotsford and Winona, Minn.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs