Obit: Quast, Hugo #2 (1893 – 1960)
Surnames: Quast, Fisher, Bayuk, Kinnear, Pauly, Prock, De Kennen
----Source: Scrapbook of Bertha (Wehrmann) Volk – G.G. 1960
Quast, Hugo #2 (20 AUG 1893 – 01 MAR 1960)
Hugo Quast, son of the late Joseph and Caroline (Fisher) Quast, was born at Jefferson on August 20, 1893. He moved to Greenwood with his parents as a small boy and lived in this area most of his life, receiving his education here.
On September 1, 1924 he was united in marriage with Geveviena Bayuk at Holy Family Catholic Church, Willard.
Mr. Quast served as a rural mail carrier out of Greenwood before going to Thorp where he again was a mail carrier. He became postmaster at Willard and was manager of a general store there for many years before going to Granton where he was a rural mail carrier and later became postmaster there. He served in this capacity until his illness in 1954 when he retired and moved to Marshfield.
Mr. Quast passed away at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Marshfield, on Tuesday, March 1, 1960, following a stroke. He had been a patient at the hospital since Sunday, February 28.
Funeral services were held at 9:30 a.m., Saturday, March 5th, in St. John’s Catholic Church. The Rt. Rev. Msgr. A.M. Schuh officiated and burial was in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Marshfield.
He was a member of the Knights of Columbus, the American Legion, the Holy Name Society and the National Association of Retired Postal Employees.
Mr. Quast is survived by his wife, one daughter, Sister M. Callista (Delores) of St. Joseph’s Hospital, four sisters, Mrs. Robert (Esther) Kinnear and Mrs. John (Florence) Pauly, of Milwaukee; Mrs. Linus (Agnes) Prock, Mrs. August (Edna) De Kennen of Neillsville; and one brother John Quast of Milwaukee.
He was preceded in death by tow daughters, his parents, one brother and one sister.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs