Obit: Schmidt, Emma (1894 – 1967)
Contact: Dinah Reinke
Surnames: Schmidt, Amacher, Farning, Ohlinger, Rankl, Schuh, Weber, Muche, Johnson, Stein, Phipps, Gottschalk, Roberts
------ Source: Tribune-Phonograph (Abbotsford and Colby, Clark Co., Wis.) 03/23/1967
------ Schmidt, Emma (01 SEP 1894 – 16 MAR 1967)
Funeral services for Mrs. Emma Schmidt, 72, Unity, who died unexpectedly at 3:30 a.m. Thursday, March 16, at the home of her daughter, were held Sunday afternoon. The Rev. David Pankow conducted church, Colby, after which burial the services at Zion Lutheran was made in the Loyal cemetery.
The pallbearers were Robert Amacher, Clarence Farning, Arnold Ohlinger, George Rankl, Tony Schuh and Lawrence Weber.
Emma Schmidt, daughter of August and Minnie Schmidt, was born September 1, 1894, at Rosenrale and was educated in Fond du Lac area schools. Her marriage to Fred Schmidt took place June 18, 1913, in Fond du Lac county. They farmed in Dodge county until 1932 and then moved to Clark county where they farmed until retirement in 1959 when they moved to Unity.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran church at Colby and the OAO Homemakers club.
She is survived by three sons, Lester Schmidt, Las Vegas, Nev., Fred Schmidt Jr., Mayville, and Henry Schmidt, Towner, N. D.; Five daughters, Mrs. Alfred (Elsie) Muche, Mayville, Mrs. Spencer (Lydia) Johnson, Marshfield, Mrs. Nick (Catherine) Stein, Madison, Mrs. Judson (Lucille) Phipps, Granton, and Mrs. Carl (Gladys) Gottschalk, Unity; two sisters, Mrs. Alvin Johnson, Fond du Lac, and Mrs. Harold Roberts, Kohler; 38 grand children and 14 great grand children.
She was preceded in death by two children and her husband who died in 1960.
Funeral arrangements were in charge of the Lulloff Funeral Home, Colby, where the body lay in state from Saturday morning to the time of funeral services.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs