BioM: Martens, Jean L. (1946)
Surnames: Martens, Michalski
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 24 Oct 1946
Martens, Jean L. (9 OCT 1946)
On Wednesday, Oct. 9, 1946, at a 9:00 o’clock nuptial High Mass at St. John’s Catholic Church, Marshfield, Miss Jean L. Martens, daughter of Mrs. Sophie Martens of Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Robert L. Michalski, son of Mr. and Mrs. Leo Michalski of Marshfield. Rev. Jos. Bain(?) read the double ring service before an altar banked with bouquets of yellow and white chrysanthemums and lighted tapers in a tall candelabra.
The bride’s formal wedding gown of white satin with an entrained overskirt of sheer chiffon, buttoned down the back. The sheer yoke bordering the high neckline was appliqued with satin flowers, embroidered with seed pearls and the long sleeves came to points over the wrists. Orange blossoms held her long veil edged with ?? and she carried a shower bouquet of white roses tied with swansonia and satin streamers. Her pearls were a gift from the bridegroom.
Miss Elaine Michalski, Marshfield, a sister of the groom, in yellow taffeta and net, was maid of honor. Miss Della Martens, in a light blue net ??, the ruffles of which were edged with gold, was her sister’s bridesmaid. Both wore corsages of red roses and white daisies tied with satin ribbons to match their dresses.
William Martens, Colby, and Richard Martens, Greenwood, brothers of the bride, attended the groom.
Following the wedding ceremony breakfast was served to the bridal party at the Michalski home. Covers for dinner and supper were laid at the at the Martens home, decorated with yellow and blue streamers and white wedding bells. A three-tier wedding cake and white candles centered the bride’s table.
Mr. and Mrs. Michalski, having returned from a honeymoon in the southern part of the state, are now at home to friends. The bride, a graduate of Loyal High School with the class of 1945, has been employed at the Weinbrenner Shoe Factory. Mr. Michalski attended Sacred Heart and St. John’s Parochial Schools before entering Navy service. For two and a half years he served in both the European and Pacific Theaters of Operations, receiving his discharge in April 1940. He is now employed by Felker Brothers Manufacturing Co.
The Gleaner joins their many friends in extending congratulations and best wishes for many years of happy wedded life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs