Bio: Klingeberger, J.C. (Leaving Immanuel Church
– Apr 1951)
Surnames: Klingeberger, Miller, Davison, Phares, Woepse
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 22 Feb 1951
Rev. and Mrs. J.C. Klingeberger of the West Side Church of Greenwood, are leaving the community the week of March 4th, 1951 to take up pastoral services at Grace Church at Kohler.
The following schedule of services have been planned for Sunday, Feb. 25th. At 10:30 a.m. the confirmands of 1951 will be presented to the congregation. On Sunday, March 4th at 10:30 a.m. the class of 1951 will be confirmed and new members will be received into the fellowship of the congregation. This service will also be the final service of pastor Klingeberger’s local ministry.
The Rev. J.C. Klingeberger was born at Menomonee Falls, Wis. and reared at Milwaukee. During his boyhood days in Milwaukee he carried papers to Mr. Miller of the Miller Brewing Co. and to Harley Davidson, who at the time was making his first motorcycle in a blacksmith shop on 35th and Highland Boulevard. The Rev. F. Klingeberger, the pastor’s father, was one of the pioneer ministers of Wisconsin, serving congregations at Menomonee Falls, Lano and Brookfield, Wis., when the timberline was in that area. The senior pastor Kingebers is the organizer of Salem Evangelical and Reformed Church at 27th and Brown Streets, Milwaukee
Rev. J. Klingeberger of Greenwood is a graduate of Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Ill., and Eden Theological Seminary of St. Louis, Mo. He has served congregations in Covington, Ky., Louisville, Ken., Huntingburg, Ind., and Shelbyville, Ind. The Klingebergs have one son, John F., who is living with his wife, Doris Phares Klingeberger and son, John III, at Plymouth, Mich., and is principal at a school at Dexter, Mich. John F. is a Pacific Navy veteran of World War II, serving with the forces which occupied Kwajalein on the Marshall Islands, and continuing his naval studies at Cornell and Colgate Universities. He is a graduate of Michigan University and will receive his Masters Degree at the Michigan University this summer.
Grace Church of Kohler serves Kohler Village, which is part and parcel of the great Kohler Industrical empire. The church edifice features some of the finest art glass windows in the state, made entirely of chipped art glass.
The Rev. Klingeberger entered upon his local ministry at Greenwood on Sunday, Oct. 15th of the year 1944. During his ministry the largest type of Wurlitzer Organ and Dengan chimes were installed in the church, and the church chancel was reconstructed with money willed the congregation by the late John Woepse. The congregation is now a thriving rural parish with a paying membership of 250.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs