BioM: Ampe, Beverly June (1951)
Surnames: Stabnow, Ampe, Vollrath, Warner
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 05 Jul 1951
Ampe, Beverly June (28 JUL 1951)
On Thursday, July 28, 1951, at 2:00 p.m. at the United Lutheran Church, Miss Beverly June Ampe, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Art Ampe, became the bride of Pvt. William Stabnow, son of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Stabnow, all of Greenwood. The Rev. Odland of Curtiss officiated at the double ring ceremony.
Larry Vollrath sang “The Lord’s Prayer” and “Because,” accompanied by by Mrs. Don Warner at the organ.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore an entrained gownof sheer white marquisette over satin, styled with an off shoulder ruffle of imported lace and with long sleeves.
Lace also trimmed the skirt. Her fingertip veil of imported French illusion fell from a sweetheart cap of lace and orange blossoms. She carried a colonial bouquet of yellow roses and white stephanotis with white streamers on which small flowers were fastened. She wore a rhinestone necklace, a gift of the groom.
Miss Jean Ampe, sister of the bride, as maid of honor, wore a yellow gown styled with a frieze skirt and lace bodice and a matching lace halo hat. She carried a colonial bouquet of pink roses, yellow daisies and sweet peas, with yellow ribbon streamers. Miss Ruby Stabnow, sister of the groom as bridesmaid, wore a blue gown fashioned the same as the maid of honor with matching halo hat and carried a colonial bouquet of pink roses, yellow daisies and sweet peas with blue ribbon streamers. Both wore rhinestone necklaces, gifts of the bride.
The groom was attended by Donald Ampe, brother of the bride, as best man, and Bernard Ampe, Colby, cousin of the bride, as groomsman.
Ardis Ampe, sister of the bride, as flower girl, wore a floor length white stain dress with ...(the rest of my copy was cut off)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs