Obit: House, Edward L. (1930 - 2015)
Contact: Robert Lipprandt
Surnames: Haseman, House, Laurich, Michor, Scheuer, Smith, Speers
----Source: The Star News (Medford, WI) 3/31/2015
House, Edward L. (3 JUN 1930 - 28 MAR 2015)
Edward L. House, age 84, Waupaca, passed away on Saturday, March 28, 2015 at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton.
He was born on June 3, 1930 in Whittlesey, son of Earl and Gladys (Speers) House. Edward entered into the United States Air Force in 1947 and served 28 years before retiring in 1975. On December 1, 1951, he married Evelyn J. Scheuer at Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church in San Antonio, Texas.
Edward and Evelyn traveled together throughout his years in the service while stationed in Georgia, Texas, Germany and Alaska. After retiring from the military, they lived in Alaska for 23 years where Edward worked for the Anchorage School District for 10 years. They returned to Wisconsin at that point and settled in Waupaca.
Edward enjoyed fishing, woodworking and traveling with his wife. He will be deeply missed by all of his loving family and friends.
Edward is survived by his wife of 64 years, Evelyn House of Waupaca; a brother, Archie (Pat) House of Green Bay; two brothers-in-law, Richard Scheuer of Chicago, Ill. and David (Minda) Scheuer of Rib Lake; four sisters-in-law, Mabel Michor of Tinley Park, Ill., Delores Smith of Dorchester, Mary Laurich of Sussex and Janet Scheuer of Westboro; and many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Earl and Gladys House; a brother, Milton House, two brothers-in-law, Edward Michor and Ray Laurich; and a sister-in-law, Lillian Haseman.
A graveside service will be held at a later date at Central Wisconsin Veterans Memorial Cemetery in King.
The Holly Funeral Home of Waupaca assisted the family with arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs