Obit: Knutson, Barbara Ann #2 (1924 - 2015)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Knutson, Petry, Chapman, Dutcher
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 4/01/2015
Knutson, Barbara Ann (7 November 1924 - 28 March 2015) With Flag
Barbara A. Knutson, 90, of Granton, died Saturday, March 28, 2015, at the Neillsville Care and Rehabilitation Center in Neillsville.
Barbara Ann Chapman was born Nov. 7, 1924, in Woolstock, IA, the daughter of Fred and Emma (Petry) Chapman. She graduated from Clarion High School in 1942. She worked for the Defense Plant in Des Moines, IA, and enlisted in the United States Navy, joining the Waves, in November of 1944 where she earned her pilot’s license. The Waves were made up entirely of women. She flew for the Navy in the Continental United States because they did not let women fly overseas in war during that time. She was honorably discharged in 1946.
She was united in marriage to Kenneth Knutson Nov. 1, 1948, in Des Moines, IA. They moved to a farm in Granton, and Barbara went to work for Citizens State Bank of Loyal in Granton where she worked for 40 years. Barbara was a member of St. Stephen’s Catholic Church in Chili until it closed and St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Neillsville and its PCCW. She was also a member of the Good Neighbor Homemaker’s Club.
She is survived by her children: Michael (Annette) Knutson of Marshfield, Terry (Connie) Knutson of River Falls, Allen (Diane) Knutson of Merrillan and Ann (Ronald) Dutcher of Waupaca; six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Barbara was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and siblings, Willis, Donald, Gerald, Vernon, Fred, Vera and Viola.
Private family services will be held for Barbara. Online condolences may be made at www.geschefh.com.
The Gesche Funeral Home is assisting Barbara’s family with funeral arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs