News: Owen – Meadowview CC Grand Opening (1968)
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09 May 1968
The Grand Opening of the Meadowview Country Club at Owen is scheduled for Saturday, May 18, 1968, with a dinner and dance for members and their guests, starting with cocktails at 6:00 p.m.
At the same time the directors have listed below the golfing rules for the coming year:
• No children on course after 10 a.m. Wednesday (Ladies Day)
• No men on course before 4 p.m. Wednesday (Ladies Day)
• No women or children on course after 3 p.m. Thursday, or Wednesday during the month of May (Stag Night)
• No children under 14 years on course weekdays after 4 p.m. unless accompanied by parents
• No children on course Saturday after noon, unless accompanied by parents
• No swimming in water holes at anytime
• All members and guests must register at Club House at all time (This includes children)
• We would like each player ot have their own set of clubs when playing, but due to the lack of rent sets, no more than two players out of one bag
• No five-some's at anytime
• Please protect our new trees by playing one club length away (no penalty)
• Please protect our neighbors property by playing inside the white out of bonds markers
• All non-members must be guests of members. This includes everyone on premises
• All divots should be replaced and ball marks on greens lifted
• Footprints in traps should be raked.
• All members must display a Blue Membership Tag on their bag. (These are available from club manager after paying your dues)
• Let faster players play through
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs