BioA: Tucker, Mr. and Mrs. Harold (Golden - 1973)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Tucker, Pierce, Christensen, Ratelle, Bethke, Englebretson, Krueser, Blanchard, Stenz
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 11/29/1973
Tucker, Mr. and Mrs. Harold (Golden - 28 November 1973)
Friends and relatives joined Mr. and Mrs. Harold Tucker of Loyal in celebrating their golden wedding anniversary Sunday afternoon at St. Anthony’s school.
The event was planned for their parents by two daughters, Mrs. B. A. (Beverly) Bethke of Wausau, and Mrs. Clayton (Kathleen) Englebretson of Loyal. A wedding cake centered a table decorated with potted mums in the golden theme.
Mrs. Tucker, the former Loretta Ratelle, daughter of Charles and Lina (Christensen) Ratelle of Loyal, had been a telephone operator until her marriage November 28, 1923, at St. Balthasar’s Catholic Church in Loyal. The Rev. Joseph Stenz performed the ceremony. She was a 1920 graduate of Loyal High School.
Among the guests was her only sister, Mrs. Pearl Krueser of Wausau.
Harold Ticker was the middle child of George and Mabel (Pierce) Tucker of the Town of Eaton. He received his education at Prosperity School, and did farm work at Veefkind, continuing there after his marriage until 1925, when they moved into Loyal. He worked for the telephone company and then on the dray-line for a year. Then he worked in the post office, where he became acting postmaster in 1929 and served until 1935, when he became fieldman for the Loyal Canning Company. In 1942 he was the bookkeeper for the O. W. Trindal Company, continuing there until 1945, when he drove truck for the same company. A disability forced him to retire in 1960.
The Tuckers recalled their several t rips to the west coast, where his sister and husband, Bessie and Harold Blanchard, live at Tacoma, Wa. The Blanchard’s celebrated their golden wedding anniversary in 1971. They were unable to attend the celebration Sunday. His younger brother, William Tucker of Loyal attended the event.
Mrs. Tucker spends her spare time doing fancy work. She Is a member of the Pinochle Club, the West Side Club, and the Birthday Club. For a number of years she had done Red Cross volunteer work.
In summer the Tuckers raise a garden. He spends considerable time reading and watching television. Mr. Tucker served on the village board and later on the city council with his last term expiring in 1970.
An anniversary mass honoring the Tuckers was celebrated Sunday morning at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, where they are members.
In addition to their two daughters, they have eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs