Obit: Standiford, Richard D. "Red" (1930 – 2015)
Surnames: Standiford, O'Rourke, Vesel, Podrovitz
----Source: Tribune/Record/Gleaner (Abbotsford, Wis.) 07 Oct 2015
Standiford, Richard D. "Red" (22 MAY 1930 – 1 OCT 2015)
Richard D. "Red" Standiford, 85, Greenwood, passed away on Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015, at Kourtland House, where he has resided for the last four years. Red donated his body to science for educational purposes. A celebration of his life will take place from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., on Saturday, Oct. 31, at the Greenwood American Legion.
Richard Duane Standiford was born on May 22, 1930, in Wilton, to Atley "Bill" and Helen (nee O'Rourke) Standiford. He graduated from Elroy High School in 1947 and worked for the Elroy Dairy until he enlisted into the Army Regional Combat Division in 1949. Red served in the Pusan and Mason areas of Korea, and was also in "Recon" behind enemy lines. He received multiple awards and was discharged in 1952. Red was employed in various jobs in the Dakotas, California and Wisconsin until his retirement. He was a longtime member of the Greenwood American Legion Wallace-Hinker-Brux Post #238. Red loved sports and played baseball in Elroy, Loyal and Greenwood. He had a quick wit, was good-natured and enjoyed living life to the fullest. All kids were his favorites. He liked to tease them, but also always had a treat for them.
He is survived by three siblings, Vivian (Bob) Vesel, Greenwood, Roger (Diane) Standiford, Greenwood, and Karen "Kandi" (Mike) Podrovitz, Greenwood; one sister-in-law, Nancy Standiford, Appleton; and two nieces, nine nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; one brother, Justin; and two nephews.
Online condolences may be expressed at www.cuddiefh.com.
Cuddie Funeral Home, Greenwood, is assisting the family with arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs