BioM: Guth, Katherine (1957)
Surnames: Guth, Walter, Nyland, De Rocher, Schmitz, Kohls, Guidebeck, Howe
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 28 Feb 1957
Guth, Katherine (11 JAN 1957)
A wedding at St. John's Catholic Church, Paris, Ill., united Miss Katherine Guth and Arleigh George Walter at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 11, 1957. The Rev. Hugh Wish performed the nuptial mass.
Music for the rite was supplied by Sister Mary Aquiline, with Mrs. Wm. Howe as soloist, The bride appeared in a gown of white peau de soie with mandarin neckline, long sleeves and bouffant skirt. A jeweled lace and satin pillbox held her fingertip veil. Her prayer book was topped by white roses.
Daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur W. Guth, Rt. 3, Box 276A, was given in marriage by her father.
Mrs. James (Beatrice Walter) Schmitz, sister of the groom, was matron of honor, in a gown of azalea colored chiffon with a draped bodice and bouffant skirt of chiffon over net. A pillbox headpiece was trimmed with pearls. She carried a colonial bouquet of pale pink carnations center with white.
Bridesmaids, Mrs. Lynn Nyland and Miss Shelby De Rocher, wore identical ensembles. Karin Guth of Cedarburg, Wis., a cousin of the bride, was junior bridesmaid in a floor length frock of white ruffled lace and nylon net. A white net leaf headpiece was trimmed in pearls. These aides carried colonial bouquets of light pink carnations.
James Schmitz was best man for his brother-in-law. Wm. Kohls and Lynn Nyland served as groomsmen, and Kenneth Guth as junior groomsman. Gert and Richard Guidebeck seated guests.
The Knotty Pine was the setting for the bridal dinner. A reception for 250 guests took place at the American Legion Club.
Mr. and Mrs. Walter will live at 1907 43rd St. The bride is a Quaker Stretcher employee. Mr. Walter so of Mr. and Mrs. George T. Walter, 5512 36th Av., is a Simmons Company employee.
(Editor's Note – The above article was sent in My Mrs. Joseph Walter, Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs