BioM: Severson, Eloda (1957)
Surnames: Severson, Vollrath, Tanner, Rogers, Turnquist
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 19 Sep 1957
Severson, Eloda (7 SEP 1957)
On Saturday, Sept. 7, 1957 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), Miss Eloda Severson, Willard, (Clark Co.), daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Severson, Willard, became the bride of William Vollrath, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Vollrath, Greenwood, at an 8:00 p.m. service. Rev. I.J. Tanner, pastor, officiated at the double ring ceremony.
The bride's floor length white gown had a lace bodice above the bouffant skirt of net over taffeta and was styled with long sleeves and a scooped neckline. Her bouquet was of white gladiolas.
Mrs. Wm. Rogers, sister of the groom, as matron of honor, wore a blue floor length formal with tiers of ruffles on the skirt. Her bouquet was an arrangement of white gladioli tied with blue ribbon. Mrs. Kenneth Vollrath, sister-in-law of the groom, and Miss Yvonne Severson, sister of the bride, were bridesmaids, in similar gowns of shrimp pink. Their bouquets were white gladioli and shrimp carnations tied with shrimp colored ribbons.
Miss Ramona Rogers, niece of the groom, of Greenwood, carried a miniature bridal bouquet and whore a white gown as flower girl. Randy Vollrath, nephew of the groom, carried the rings.
The groom's brother, Kenneth Vollrath, was best man, accompanied by Wm. Rogers, brother-in-law of the groom, and John Turnquist, friend of the groom, as groomsmen. They also ushered.
A reception as held in the church basement immediately following the ceremony, where the couple greeted guests from Oshkosh, Medford, Minneapolis, Hastings, Precott, Plymouth, Steuben, Eau Claire, Milwaukee, West Allis, Greenwood, Willard and Neillsville.
The groom is a graduate of the Greenwood High School with the class of 1952, and the bride graduate there in 1956. They will reside in Eau Claire.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs