Obit: Gehrt, Alma Bertha (1892 - 1974)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Gehrt, Kautz, Lostin, Rilling, Dixon, Swenson, Geisler, Nelson, Wehrman, Keller, Swieso, Marg, Appleyard, Ackerman, Zank, Dunn, Clausen, Heineck, Galstad, Nordin
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 5/09/1974
Gehrt, Alma Bertha (20 April 1892 - 3 May 1974)
Mrs. Alma Bertha Gehrt of Memorial Home died May 3 at the age of 82. Funeral services were held Tuesday afternoon from Calvary Lutheran Church with the Rev. Ronald J. Nordin officiating. Interment was in the Neillsville City Cemetery. Arrangements were made by the Georgas Funeral Home.
Mrs. Gehrt, the daughter of William and Adeline (Kautz) Lostin, was born April 10, 1892, in Kaukauna and was educated there. She worked for a time in Milwaukee. Her marriage to Edward Gehrt took place June 4, 1919, at Kaukauna. The couple f armed in Clark County. Mr. Gehrt preceded his wife in death in November of 1960. Mrs. Gehrt, who entered Memorial Home in August of 1973 because of failing health, was a member of Calvary Lutheran Church.
She is survived by a son, Gordon Gehrt of Rib Lake, and by a sister, Mrs. Edith Rilling of San Francisco, Ca.
Pallbearers were Melvin Marg, Melvin Appleyard, Art Ackerman, Louis Zank, Michael Dunn and Arlo Clausen. Mrs. Roger Heineck sang “Rock of Ages” and Beyond the Sunset,” and “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” was sung by the congregation. Miss Marilyn Galstad was the accompanist.
Among those who attended the services were the following from out of town: Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Gehrt and Mrs. Edwin Dixon, Rib Lake; Mr. and Mrs. Walter Gehrt and Al Swenson, Wisconsin Rapids; Mrs. Vera Geisler of Trogon, Oregon; Mr and Mrs. Sig Nelson, Barron; Albert Wehrman, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Keller and Mrs. Effie Swieso, Greenwood; and Mr. and Mrs. Everett Gehrt, Loyal.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs