Bio: Schwarze, Roger – Rev. (Ordained Pastor – 1964)
Surnames: Schwarze, Ohlrogge, Milton, Preuss, Scarvie, Weberg
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 09 Jul 1964
The Rev. Roger W. Schwarz, graduate of Luther Theological Seminary, St. Paul, Minn., was installed Sunday morning at Zion Lutheran Church, Sister Bay, during the 9:30 worship service, and at Trinity Church, Ellison Bay, during the 11:00 service, by Dr. Theo. A. Ohlrogge, president of the Northern Wisconsin District of the American Lutheran Church.
Rev. Schwarze was ordained June 14 at University Church of Hope, St. Paul, by the Rev. Dr. John P. Milton, Professor of Old Testament at Luther Theological Seminary. Rev. Dr. David W. Preuss, pastor, was the liturgist. Rev. and Mrs. Schwarze had been members of that parish since their marriage there in 1960.
Rev. Schwarze was born in Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), August 20, 1938, the youngest son of Herbert A. and Carolyn Schwarze. In 1948 they moved to Madison, and in 1954 to Wauwatosa, Wis. Rev. Schwarze graduated from Wauwatosa High School in 1956. He graduated from St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minn. with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in English. In 1960 he entered Luther Theological Seminary, and this spring graduated with a Bachelor of Divinity degree. He spent one year (1962-63) in internship at St. Olaf Evangelical Lutheran Church, Detroit, under Pastor W.V. Scarvie. Rev. Schwarze was married to Jeanne Weberg of Minneapolis, Sept. 4, 1960. She is a 1959 graduate of St. Olaf College, Department of Nursing, and is a registered nurse. One daughter, Nancy Ellen, was born July 17, 1961.
After the 11 a.m. installation service at Trinity, there was a joint parish dinner at the church parlors.
Rev. Schwarze's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Schwarze of Wauwatosa; his grandmother, Mrs. Simon Schwarze, and his uncle and aunt, Mr. and Mrs. Wesley Schwarze, and Mrs. Louis Behrens and Cheryl, attended the Installation Services which were held June 21st.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs