News: Medford - Fayette Hotel (Closure - 1965)
Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt
Surnames: Blakeslee, Kapitz
----Source: The Star News (Medford, WI) 12/17/2015
Originally published in the Star News, December 16, 1965
The Fayette Hotel, operating continuously in Medford for 65 years, has been closed by the owners, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Blakeslee, who haven’t as yet made an announcement as to the disposition of the property on South Whelan Avenue, in downtown Medford.
The Fayette Taproom in the building owned by Mr. and Mrs. Art Kapitz, Rib Lake, remains open for business.
The Blakeslee’s ceased operation December 5 after giving their permanent residents time to seek
other living quarters. They operated the hotel since 1954.
The Riverside Hotel, corner of State and Wisconsin, remains the only downtown hotel in operation, Medford now having two motels - the Kramer and Rudolph motels, both on highway 13 near its intersection with highway 64.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs