Obit: Garbisch, Ronald (1936 – 2016)
Surnames: Garbisch, Schuelke, Keuer, Hillert, Dunnigan, Petersen, Schneider, Baltsch, Sischo, Bartsch
Source: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, WI) 21 Sep 2016
Garbisch, Ronald (30 AUG 1936 – 20 SEP 2016)
Ronald was born at home on August 30, 1936 to Frederick and Helen Amanda (Schuelke) Garbisch. He attended the Kurth School. For grades 6-8, Ronald attended Zion Lutheran Parochial School. He graduated from Granton High School in 1954.
Ronald was a member of Pleasant Ridge 4-H club until the age of 19. He was a member of the Granton FFA and its alumni. He received the State Farmer Degree in 1954. While serving as FFA president in 1953, Ronald crowned the second Granton Fall Festival Queen, Margie Paun.
Ronald was a member of the Army National Guard from 1953-1959.
Ronald attended the Military Ball with Annabelle Keuer in April 1954. This was the beginning of many dances together for Ronald and Annabelle who were married on November 26, 1955 at Grace Lutheran Church, Nasonville. They celebrated 58 years of marriage.
After marriage, Ronald and Annabelle resided in Marshfield until March 5, 1957 at which time they moved to the farm formerly owned by Richard and Amelia Hillert. This would become home for Ronald for almost 60 years.
Ronald worked at Rollohome in Marshfield until March, 1957. After moving to the farm, he hauled can milk for Walter Schmidt of South Grant Cheese Factory. Additionally, he worked for the Town of Grant taking down snow fence. He also helped build the bridge on Pray Avenue.
In 1966, while working for Gritz Builders of Wisconsin Rapids, Ronald helped build the stage in the old Granton High School gym.
Ronald also worked for Thompson Abbot Construction of Marshfield. While working for Boson Construction of Marshfield, Ronald helped build Christ Lutheran Church in Marshfield.
Ronald had a number of jobs off the farm, but his greatest joy was being a dairy farmer.
Ronald was elected to the Town of Grant Board in 1979 and served as supervisor until 1991 at which time he became Town of Grant Chairman. This was a role he served until his death. Ronald was instrumental in forming the First Responders group in the Granton area.
Ronald was a lifelong member of Zion Lutheran Church Missouri Synod in Granton. He served on the church council and was a member of Zion Men's Club.
Ronald enjoyed going to dances at the Silver Dome, making maple syrup and visiting with people. He looked forward to going out for fish on Friday nights and having a nice cold beer.
He is survived by two sons, Robert (Wanda) of Altoona, Terry of Marshfield, and a daughter, Tammy (Paul) Dunnigan of Green Bay. Two granddaughters survive him, Laura Garbisch of Eau Claire and Ashley (Matt) Petersen of Colfax. He is further survived by sisters, Lavon Bartsch and Elsie (Terry) Sischo and brothers Fritz (Kathy) and John (Lois).
He is preceded in death by his wife, Annabelle in April, 2014, son Bradley in June, 1971, sister Evelyn in September, 1959, brother-in-law, Donald Bartsch in April, 2016 and his parents.
We would like to extend our deep and heartfelt thanks to Betty Balch for the 24/7 nursing care she provided to Dad which allowed him to be at home during the final weeks and months of his life. The professionalism and care Betty exhibited was truly a gift for all of us to witness.
Funeral services for Ronald will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, September 24, 2016 at the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Granton, WI. Pastor Terry Schneider will officiate. Providing music will be Caroline Helm, organist. Visitation will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday and from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m., Saturday both at the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Granton. Military Honors will be performed by the Neillsville Veteran's Council. Interment will be in the Zion Lutheran Church Cemetery at a later date.
Online Condolences may be made at www.geschefh.com.
The Gesche Funeral Home is assisting Ronald's family with Funeral arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs