Obit: Losiewicz, Anton (1877 – 1948)
Transcriber: Vicki Sluzewski
Surnames: Losiewicz, Kijek, Grendzinski, Nawrocki, Fortek
---------Source: The Thorp Courier, Thorp, Wisconsin (Late 1948 or Early 1949)
Losiewicz, Anton (23 MAR 1877 – 26 DEC 1948)
RETIRED FARMER SUCCUMBS TO HEART ALIMENT
Funeral services were conducted by Rev. Palaszewski at St. Mary’s Church at Lublin at 10:00 o’clock, Wednesday morning December 29th for Anton Losiewicz who died of a heart attack at the home of his son Joseph in the Town of Thorp on December 26, 1948. He reached the age of 71 years, 9 months and 3 days.
Mr. Losiewicz, who was born in Poland on March 23, 1877, came to America on May 23, 1902, residing at Coal Center, Pa. He was united in marriage to Helen Kijek at Roscoe, Pa, on November 19, 1904. In the year of 1910 he and his wife with three children came to Lublin, Wisconsin, locating on a farm in the Town of Roosevelt residing there for eighteen years. In 1928 he purchased a farm in the Town of Taft and after the death of Mrs. Losiewicz spent the remainder of his days there with his son.
He is survived by three sons Joe, Steve and Felix of Thorp; four daughters, Jennie, Mrs. Alex Grendzinski and Sophie, Mrs. Andrew Nawrocki, of Thorp, Frances, Mrs. Ernest Nawrocki of Chicago and Wanda, Mrs. Stanley Fortek, of Withee; one brother Peter Losiewicz, of Detroit, Michigan, and one sister Rosalja Wojcicka in Poland and 13 grandchildren.
He was laid to rest in St. Mary’s Cemetery at Lublin. Pallbearers were: Joe Slachetka, Felix Kolenkiewicz, Adoph Burzynski, Anton Dombrowski, John Ruda and Teofi Lis.
Persons from away who attended the funeral were Mr. and Mrs. Peter Losiewicz, Detroit; Ted Kijek, Mrs. S Kozil and daughter, Mrs. Ernest Nawrocki, of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Fortek and family, Withee; Mrs. Edwin Bauer, Leon Gendzinski of Wausau; Albert Tomczak, Mrs. Frank Furmanek and family, Mrs. Frank Wisniewski and son and Mr. and Mrs Walter Wojtowicz and son of Gilman.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs