News: Medford (Sackman Barn Fire - 1943)

Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt 

Surname: Sackman

----Source: The Star News (Medford, WI) 9/27/2018

Originally published in the Star News, September 23, 1943

The barn of Mrs. Elsie Sackman, section 26, Medford, a mile east of the city was completely destroyed by fire Saturday evening about 8:00 o’clock.

Mrs. Sackman believes the fire started from the explosion of a kitchen lamp, which she had been using for the past three weeks as the heating unit of an improvised brooder for 60 chickens she was raising.

Her son George first noticed the fire. It took the barn and its contents so rapidly that the Sackmans were able to save only the pigs, which were in a shed attached to the barn. The cows were outside at the time of the fire.  



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel