News: Medford (Sone's Fire - 1918)
Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt
----Source: The Star News (Medford, WI) 10/04/2018
Originally published in the Star News, October 2, 1918
Some little excitement was cause Sunday afternoon when the fire alarm was sounded, and it was learned that the Sone’s home, just east of the city limits was on fire.
However quick work on the part of neighbors and others first on the scene made it unnecessary for the firemen to put a stream on the building, even if they could have reached the fire with the hose available.
The fire originated in the ash pan of the chimney and finally ignited the surrounding wall.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs