News: Medford - Fire Loss, Christmas Morning (30 Dec 1943)

Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt 

----Surnames: Helminiak, O’Malley

----Source: The Star News (Medford, WI) 1/03/2019

Originally published in The Star News, December 30, 1943

One of Medford’s worst residence fire loses in recent years occurred early Christmas morning, causing a loss estimated at from nine to ten thousand dollars.

The residence of Mrs. Mark O’Malley was damaged beyond repair and most of the contents went up in smoke.

Conrad Helminiak, department manager at Bootzin’s store, who lived in the upstairs apartment, estimated his loss at $3200. He had 1000 insurance.

Mrs. O’Malley had insurance of $4000, which is possibly two-thirds of her loss on building and contents.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel