Obit: Rankl, Clarence G. (1904 - 2000)
Contact: Linda Mertens
Surnames: Rankl, Everhard, Decker, Rockow, Scheibe, Lessica, Beisner
---Source - Helen Johnson's Scrapbook
Clarence Rankl (28 Oct 1904 - 3 Apr 2000)
Clarence George Rankl, 95, Abbotsford, died on Monday, April 3, 2000, at the Comforts of Home, where he had resided since July of 1999.
Funeral services were held April 5, at Peace United church of Christ Church in Dorchester, with Rev. Robert Everhard presiding. Burial was in Dorchester Memorial Cemetery. Grandchildren served as pallbearers. Organist was Betty Decker, soloist Jordan Rankl.
Clarence George Rankl was born on Oct. 28, 1904, in Milwaukee, the son of Frederick and Helena (Rockow) Rankl. He received his early education at the Pickard School in the Town of Holton. Clarence and the former Ethel Scheibe were united in marriage on July 6, 1931, in Woodman. The young couple farmed in the Town of Holton until retiring in 1970 and continued to live in the Town of Holton. Clarence was very active in the Peace UCC, teaching Sunday school, active with the Youth Group as leader, member of the church council and church historian. He gave of service in Marathon County as county supervisor, chaired the agricultural committee and was an important part of implementing the Central Wisconsin Airport in Mosinee. He also was the town chairman of the Town of Holton and Pickard School board member. He was an avid stamp and coin collector.
Clarence is survived by three sons, Jerome (Arlene) Rankl of Abbotsford, James (Cindy Rankl of Cheyene, Wyo., and Guy (Catherine) Rankl of Abbotsford; one half sister Caroline (George) Lessica of LaGrange Park, Ill.; 11 grandchildren, nine great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Ethel Rankl on July 7, 1999; his parents, an infant brother, Fred and a half sister, Marian Beisner.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs