Obit: Olsen, Esther (1913-1989)
Contact: Kathleen E. Englebretson
Surnames: Olsen, Rohde, Noeldner, Schwan, Stange
---Source: Marshfield news-herald (12 June 1989)
Olsen, Esther (27 December 1913-10 June 1989)
Esther (Mrs. Conrad) Olsen, 75, Marshfield Living Center, formerly of 1301 E. Eighth St, died Saturday in the Emergency Room of St. Joseph's Hospital.
Services will be Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Gary Hedding officiating. Music will be provided by William Allen, soloist, and Maldon Plank, organist. Burial will be in Loyal Lutheran Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Gilbert Rohde, Erwin Noeldner, Donald Schwan, the Rev. Floyd Olsen, and Arthur and Howard Olsen. Visitation will be at the Hansen Funeral Home.
She was born December 27, 1913, in Clark County to Otto and Martha Schwan. She attended Loyal schools and was a graduate of Loyal High School and the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
She was married to Conrad C. Olsen June 22, 1942, in Miami, Florida. He died June 11, 1975.
She was raised in the Loyal area. After her education, she taught schools for 39 years in Marathon and Clark counties. For the last 22 years, she taught fifth grade at Spencer Elementary School. Her late husband was head of the Marshfield Experimental Farm and Soils Laboratory until his death.
She was a member of Faith Lutheran Church and its Elizabeth Circle and the Marshfield Senior Citizens. She was also a member of the Wisconsin and Wood County Retired Teachers Association.
She is survived by one sister, Mrs. Albert (Evelyn) Stange of Wausau and two brothers, Donald Schwan of Loyal and Ernest Schwan of Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
Besides her husband, she was predeceased by her parents and one brother.
Memorials may be designated to Faith Lutheran Church or Marshfield Medical Foundation for research of Alzheimers disease.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs