BioM: Barber, May (1912)
Surnames: Barber. Bartholomay, Patrie, Hall, Craney
---------Source: WITHEE SENTINEL (Withee, Clark County, Wis.) 06/07/1912
--------- Barber, May (Marriage - 1 JUN 1912)
A pretty home wedding took place Saturday June 1, 1912, at 5 o'clock p.m. at the home of Mr. and Mrs. T. H. Barber, when their daughter May, was united in marriage with Mr. Herman Bartholomay, Rev. Cook of Owen, officiated, the ring ceremony being used, and little Alice Patrie, being ring bearer. Mendelsohn's wedding march was played by Mrs. Mary Hall of Owen, as the bridal party came down the stairs and passed up to the archway from which suspended a large bell, which was decorated in green and white, under which the ceremony was performed in the presence of about one hundred and thirty guests.
The bride wore a white gown of white lace over white mescaline and carried a shower bouquet of lilies of the valley. She was as an ornament at the neck a diamond brooch, a gift from her mother.
The groom wore the customary black. Mr. Josie Barber, brother of the bride, attended the groom and Miss Mayme Craney of Eau Claire, was bridesmaid. She wore pale blue marquisette and carried a bouquet of roses and lilies of the valley. The bride has lived in Withee, Clark County, Wis. the greater part of her life and was educated in our village school and is a young lady of real ability and high character. The groom needs no introduction, as he is also a Clark County boy and has a large circle of friends who wish for them both, the full measure of happiness. They received man beautiful and costly presents. After the ceremony a sumptuous supper was served in Woodman Hall and the young couple left that night on the velvet limited from Owen, for Waukesha, Milwaukee, Chicago, after which they will return to Withee and take up housekeeping in a home he has already prepared.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs