News: Curtiss – Foltz Tavern
Surnames: Foltz, Fahrenbach, Leffel, Busma, Buss, Fricke, Kademann
----Source: Olson Family Scrapbook
Shortly after "prohibition" Mr. Art Foltz built a tavern on the southwest corner of Hwy. 29 and County trunk E. The passing of time allowed others to operate the business, until the 1960's, when Wm. Fahrenbach took over. He developed a steak house, which became quite a "social place" of the Curtiss area. Jack Leffel was the proprietor, thus it was called Leffel's Supper Club.
During the same 1930's period, Mr. Herbert Buss constructed a "tavern" on the southeast corner of Hwy. 29 and County Trunk E — Art Busma ran it. An old O & N building was moved in to enlarge the tavern. Eventually a dance hall was built on. Various other operators were Paul Fricke, Dave Kademann, George and Marion "Mother" Murphy and Walter Lipprandt. Somewhere during the passing of the years food was served also.
Between 1962 and 1965, these buildings were torn down or moved to make room for the new Hwy. 29. Leffel's Supper Club building was moved south of the area and is now part of the K-Korners Bar.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs