News: Spencer (Barn
Contact: Kathleen E. Englebretson
Surnames: Nall, Fryza
----Source: Marshfield News-Herald (26 September 1983)
The upper part of a barn on a rural Spencer farm was destroyed by fire Sunday night.
Spencer firefighters were notified of a barn fire at the Chester Fryza farm five miles northeast of Spencer on County Trunk F. They were assisted by the Stratford Fire Department.
The haymow including 1,500 bales of hay was destroyed in the blaze, but the lower part of the structure was saved, said Lorrin Nall, Spencer fire chief. Twenty-four milk cows and several heifers were rescued from the barn, but one animal had to be destroyed. He said 50,000 gallons of water were used to extinguish the fire.
The fire supposedly was caused by a malfunctioning electric pump motor. No damage estimates were available.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs