News: Colby – Johnson's Garage
Opens (Jan 1974)
Surnames: Johnson, Tesmer
----Source: Tribune/Phonograph (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wis.) 10 Jan 1974
Forrest Johnson of Unity has purchased the H. H. Motor Company building and equipment in Colby from Bernard Tesmer. The new operation will be known as Johnson's Garage, Inc., and will officially open its doors for business Monday, January 14, 1974 at 7:30 a.m.
Johnson has owned and operated a garage at Unity since his discharge from the army in 1946. Selling Oliver farm machinery, since 1946, he received the American Motors franchise in 1956, and will continue handling both products in the new operation.
Present plans call for disposal of the Unity location and moving of the machinery operation to Colby.
Johnson's Garage, Inc. includes father, Forrest, who will be assisted in Colby by son, Loren, and in Unity by son, Mike, who will manage the operation there until it can be disposed of.
The operation in Colby will include sales and service of American Motors products, general repair and maintenance of all other make of cars, and a Sun-Scope tune-up center.
Loren has been employed by Fabri-Tek, Inc., Minneapolis, the past five and one-half years. Mike has been working with his father at Unity since graduation from Wausau Technical Institute in 1970.
Bernard Tesmer had operated the business known as H. H. Motor Company in Colby for the past 25 years.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs