Green Grove Township

Clark County, Wisconsin

 

 

Businesses

Green Grove

Cheese & Dairy

 

Cemeteries

Changes

Churches

Community Spirit

Genealogy

Green Grove

Anniversaries

Biographies

Marriages

Obituaries

 

History

Local History

Clark County

 

Maps

Green Grove Plat Maps

First Owners

Clark County

Townships

 

Memories

 

News

Local News

Clark County

 

Organizations

Photo Album

Schools

Green Grove

Clark County

 

Surname Contacts

 

 

 

Green Grove Township was Created, November 1886, the county board ordered that township 28 range 1 west should be organized as a town to be known as the town of Green Grove. The first town meeting was ordered to be held in April 1887, at the Green Grove P. O. on the S. E. S. E. of Sec. 12, town 28, R. 1 W. This town, the 23rd in the county, takes it name from the name of the post office and its name was selected by the settlers at a gathering at Wm. Zassenhausí house, near where then existed a fine grove of green trees.

 

Mr. Zassnebaus was the fist chairman of the town and its first representative on the county board. He is the chairman of the town at the present time, and has served as such a number of terms and also served come years as register of deeds of the county.

 

 

Sources:  Robert J. McBride's 1909 History of Clark Co., WI; 1918 History of Clark County, Wisconsin, by Franklyn Curtiss-Wedge and published by H. C. Cooper, Jr. Co.;

 

 

 
 

 

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE