Bio: Amacher, Hans J. & Gertrude
Surnames: AMACHCER SCHEELER VIEGUT GRAFFUNDER
----Source: ABBOTSFORD, WIS. CENTENNIAL BOOK - 1973
Amacher, Hans J. & Gertrude
H.J. (Hans) Amacher came to the area during the second half of the period covered by this centennial book. He was born in 1900 in Stetsonville, Wis., where he lived and worked on the home farm.
In 1920, he started working in the hardware store in Stetsonville, and the following year, came to Abbotsford and operated the Abbotsford Hardware Co. until 1970, when he retired. The store was then sold to Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Graffunder, who now operate the hardware business.
In 1927, he married Gertrude Scheeler of Granton, Clark Co., Wis.
They have two children: Harold, who married Charmaine Viegut. They own and operate the Abbotsford Variety Store, and one daughter, Carol, who is married to Ronald Graffunder.
Thus began the new area now known as Abbotsford west side, including the park area with light towers, new high school and the many new homes and other improvements in the area.
One of the highlights of their many years in Abbotsford came in 1946 when Mr. and Mrs. Amacher purchased the forty acres of land surveyed and plotted into lots calling the area Barkers First and Second additions to the then existing village of Abbotsford.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs