- Trinity Lutheran Church, organized
in 1871 with nine voting members is the oldest
- Lutheran church organization in Beloit.
This congregation has been affiliated with the Synod of the Evangelical
Lutheran Church of America since its organization.
- At first it was served chiefly by pastors
from Orfordville, Wis., who spoke
- Norwegian, but has gradually adopted
English in its Sunday school work and then in public services.
The morning and evening services are conducted alternately in
the Norwegian and English languages. The church building, situated
on Bluff street, near St. Lawrence avenue, was erected in 1876.
The commodious parsonage, 928 Bluff street, was built in 1904.
Including men, women and children, the church has at present
(1908) a membership of 617 souls.
- The succession of pastors has been
C. F. MAGELSON, 1871 to 1880; T. K.
1880 to 1890; L. SCHERVEN, 1890 to 1894; G. A. GULLIXON,
1894 to 1902. The present pastor, J. Edward HEGG, came
- [Source: Rock County, Wisconsin:
A new history of it's cities, villages, etc., Vol. I, by
William Fiske Brown (editor-in-chief); ©1908
C. F. Cooper, Chicago, IL; p. 276]