- Johnstown Center, in the town of Johnstown,
ten miles east of Janesville, was
- located in 1837, by Norman SMITH.
The first minister there was Elder MILLS and the church-house
there was built in 1847. The village contains a blacksmith shop,
a shoe-shop, a wagon shop, a general store and marble works.
- [Source: The Portrait & Biographical
Album of Rock County, Wisconsin,
©1889 Acme, Chicago, IL; p. 1013; Courtesy of Carol]