History of the Village of Milton Junction

Milton Township, Rock County, Wisconsin

[Continued from the atlas' HISTORY OF ROCK COUNTY following Milton]
 
MILTON JUNCTION
located about one mile west of Milton, at the crossing of the Chicago and
Northwestern Railroad and the Milwaukee and St. Paul, is also a very flourishing little place. Being at the junction of two main lines of road, it offers superior facilities to those contemplating manufacture. The improvements are good, --buildings, mostly new and expensive for a town of the size. The only manufacturing in the place at present is conducted by the Messrs. TITSWORTH, --planing-mill, sash-factory, flouring-mill, etc. The railroad hotel and eating-house of the Messrs. MORGAN is one of the finest in the State. For specimens of the leading places, public and private, we refer the reader to the lithographic cuts in the inclosed work. A short distance north of the village is Clear Lake, a very beautiful body of water, and a favored resort in summer season for fishing, which is visited by hundreds every season.
 
[Source: Combination Atlas Map of Rock County, Wisconsin, ©1873 Everts, Baskin & Stewart, Chicago, IL; p. 8½; Courtesy of Lori]

©2002 ALHN-Rock County, Wisconsin

Site Coordinator: Lori Niemuth