Rock County, Wisconsin

Milton College Historic District

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places on May 27, 1980

 

Located on the Milton College campus

 

The plaques were put up by the Milton Historic Preservation Commission, est. 1983

 
 

Milton College Historic District

    "Milton College Historic District, 1844-1982 -- Founded 1844 as Milton Academy; Chartered 1867 as Milton College. National Register of Historic Places
Plaque located on rock next to Goodrich Hall/Old Main/Whitford Hall parking lot

Goodrich Hall

"... built in 1857, is part of the Milton College Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Nov. 26, 1985."
Plaque located at 501 College Street
Goodrich Hall Antiques website*

Main Hall

"... built in 1854, is part of the Milton College Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Nov. 26, 1985."
View plaque
"Restoration of the bell tower by the Prairie du Lac Questers No. 551, Milton, Wisconsin, June 1988"
View plaque
"The bell tower donated by Richard '57 and Lucille '60 Persson in 1988 is a duplicate of the original bell rung by students and faculty from 1867 until the college closed in 1982."
View plaque

Whitford-Borden House

"... built in 1867, is part of the Milton College Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Nov. 26, 1985."
View plaque

Whitford Hall

"... built in 1906, is part of the Milton College Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Nov. 26, 1985."
View plaque

©2002 ALHN-Rock County, Wisconsin

Site Coordinator: Lori Niemuth