Historical Markers - Rock Co., WI

Beloit College

Wisconsin Official Marker

Located on the front of the Middle College building on Beloit College campus, Beloit

 
Courtesy of Kurt Wheeler, Rock County Planning & Development Agency
 
    Beloit College
    Chartered by the Territorial Legislature of Wisconsin on February 2, 1846,
    Beloit College has had an uninterrupted life of service since its first class assembled on November 4, 1847. The main College grounds, and this first building, Middle College, were the generous gifts in money, materials, land, and labor of the pioneer citizens of Beloit, resolved to have a college in this then Western frontier.
     
    Erected in 1967
 

 

©2006 ALHN-Rock Co., Wisconsin

Site Coordinator: Lori Niemuth