Eason Obituary Page

Albert Hays Eason

Submitted by: Lesa Thompson
Albert Hays Eason, Sr., age 73, of England AR. died Sunday. He was a retired rice farmer and a member of the Missionary Baptist Church. Survivors include his wife, Mrs. Viola Laster Eason two sons, Albert H. Eason Jr., of Heber Springs and James B. Eason of England two daughters Mrs. Margaret A. Jackson of Oklahoma and Mrs Bernice Cole of Missouri two sisters, Mrs. Annie Knox of Maine and Mrs. Mary Glover of Carlisle 13 grandchildren and three greatgrandchildren. Funeral was Tuesday afternoon in the chapel of Weaver Funeral Service with burial in Mulberry Cemetery at England. Pallbearers were Bobby Roe, Buddy Clubs, Don Dumond, Aubrey Cates, Montie Montgomery, J. T. Fluhart.
(Lonoke Democrat Buddy Dixon- Christ Church Preached Funeral.
Death april 27-1969 Stuttgart Hospital
Funeral April 29- 1969) This was written around edge of clipping.

Alvin George Eason

Submitted by: Dan Eason
The Reverend ALVIN GEORGE EASON went to be with his Lord on January 8th, 2000. Reverend Eason was the son of George Emit Eason of Golden, Oklahoma. He left behind a loving wife, Martha Loreene Nunn Eason, six living children, and over 20 grandchildren and great grand children. He was preceeded in death by his daughter Joyce Inez Eason (July 8, 1999). Reverend Eason gave himself to the ministry of Jesus Christ all of his life. He died as he lived, pastoring a small church in need of a good pastor. He is sorely missed by those who loved him.

Arden George Eason

Submitted by: B.J. Hearne
ARDEN GEORGE EASON was born in Bryson, Texas; March 20, 1930. The son of Irving and Daisy Parrish Eason. Arden left a wife, Louise Eason and two daughters, Virginia ,2, and Dorothy, 1 month. He is also survived by his parents, 3 sisters; Lola Rasco, Etha Whitaker and Alpha Tyra, 4 brothers; Chester, Thaddus, Don and Loye. Arden was shot and killed by his father-in-law.

Carl E.W. Eason

Submitted by: Ron Eason
CARL E.W. EASON went to be with his Lord on December 7th, 1984. Carl was the son of George Emit and Weacie Elizabeth (Ruth) Eason of Golden, Oklahoma. He left behind a loving wife, Margaret Lucille (Crider) Eason, four living children, Judith, Carl E.W. Jr., Ronald and Peter, as well as nine grandchildren. Carl was a retired Civil Service employee of the Sacramento Army Depot and gave generously of himself to his family and his church. He was never too busy to help someone in need and always had a ready smile. He is loved and he i s deeply missed by all who ever knew him.

Carl E.W. Eason, Jr.

Submitted by: Ron Eason
CARL E.W. EASON Jr. passed away December 5th, 2000 at the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, CA, where he spent his entire life. Carl was the son of Carl E.W. Eason and Christine (Endicott) Wilson both of Sacramento CA. He left behind a wife, Tesha M. (Hernandez) Eason and eight children, Jason, Brandon, Kammi, Allanna, Quinn, Alex, Unknown Adopt, Uknown. Carl had suffered many situations in his lifetime including the loss of a leg. He was a good person on a hard road and it isn't known if he ever found his way back. But those of us who knew him, loved him and will miss him. Junior was my brother.

Daisy Arizona (Parrish) Eason, Bolen

Submitted by: B.J. Hearne
DAISY ARIZONA (PARRISH) EASON, BOLEN: was born to John T. and Neoma Demer (Clark) Parrish on Sept.24, 1899. She is survived by both spouses, 3 daughters; Lola Rasco, Etha Whitaker, and Alpha Tyra. 4 sons; Chester Eason, Thaddus Eason, Don Eason and Loye Eason. 20 grandchildren and 5 greatgrandchildren. Mrs. Bolen was born and raised in Jack County, Texas and is buired at Wesley Chapel near Jacksboro, Texas.

Dollie Mae Eason

As listed in:The Texarkana Gazette
Submitted by: Dwayne Eason
Entered into eternal rest Thursday, Jan. 24, 1965, Mrs. DOLLIE MAE EASON. Funeral services will be held at 2pm Sunday at Wilkerson Funeral Home Chapel in DeQueen for Mrs. Dollie Mae Eason, 65 wife of Odus Eason of DeQueen, who died at 2pm Thursday after a long illness. The Rev. John Armstrong will officiate, Burial will be in Mill Creek Cemetery. In addition to her husband, she is survived by three sons, Elvin and Thomas Eason of DeQueen and S.G. Eason of Snyder, Texas; five daughters, Mrs. Lorene Odem of Abilene, Texas, Mrs. Mae Waldon of DeQueen, Mrs. Margaret Jones of Farmington, N.M., Mrs. Marjorie Wilbanks of Houston, Mrs. Alene Elmore of Pasadena, Texas, two brothers, Sam Williams of Denton, Texas, and Ervin Williams of Miami, Okla; 33 grandchildren and 30 great-grandchildren.

Don Allen Eason Jr.

Submitted by: Daisy Eason
Father of 4 and a step-father of 2. Don passed away on the 6th of february, 2006. He will be missed by many. Son of Don & Barbra Eason. May he rest in peace.

Elvin Otis Eason

As listed in:The Dallas Morning News
Submitted by: Dwayne Eason
ELVIN OTIS EASON, born June 24, 1923 in Gillham, Ark. passed away May 18, 1995 in Mesquite, TX at the age of 71. He is survived by wife, Lella Eason; daughters and sons-in-law, Shirley and Buddy Wilson, Lanita and David Park; sons and daughters-in-law Olen "Corky" and Sybil Ray, Terry and Lillie Eason and Elvin Dwayne Eason; grandson, Daryl Eason; ten other grandchildren; 14 great grandchildren; brothers, Thomas Eason and S.G. Eason; sisters, Lorene Odem, Mae Beach, Margaret Jones, Marjorie Wilbanks and Alene Latham; and numerous other family members and friends. Pallbearers will be Daryl Eason, Billy Pittman, Mark Pittman, Timmy Pittman, Terry Pittman, and James Bridge. Services will be held 4pm Saturday at Laurel Oaks Chapel and will conclude there with Rev. W.T. Holden officiating.

Gabrial Armstead Eason

As listed in:The Wetumka Gazette
Submitted by: Brenda Irons
Mr. Gabrial Armstead Eason was born March 20, 1864, and peacefully expired, May 19, 1932. (Died in Scott's Hill, Tenn. while visiting with Charles, his eldest son. He is buried in Doe Creek Cemetery near Scott's Hill, Tenn.) He is survived by his devoted wife and the following children: Mr. Charles Issac Eason, Mr. Perry Elmer Eason, Mrs. Armentha Ellen Kennedy, Mrs. Arbie Idella Smith, Mrs. Ollie Bell Clenney, Mrs. Lucy Smith, and Miss Lizzie Ethel Eason. Those who proceded him to the grave are: Mr. Jess Armstead Eason, Mrs. Arthur Lewis Eason, and Mr. Chesley Omar Eason. Brother Eason united with the FreeWill Baptist in 1884, with this denomination he remained until death, and worked zealously for his Savior's cause. He was very loyal husband, and affectionate father. No home will ever know a better one. It can truly be said of this beloved man that he incessantly rendered laudable service to his God and to his fellow man, with a pure heart and with will hands. We believe he was one to die without an enemy. Our dear brother died with a beautiful, placid countenance, which assurced his folks and friends that the same Jesus with whom he had humbly walked through life, was waiting to accompany him across death's lonely valley. All the good and well deserved things we might say of him would soon be forgotten, but those who know him can never forget the humble useful life he has lived. He has written an epitaph, not merely for the marble that may mark his resting place, but one that is filled with enduring fidelity, loving service and crowned with an unfaltering faith in Christ Jesus. Although from a devoted husband, affectionate father and true friend we must part, his departure will add a shining gem to the mansions prepared for the righteous. We pray the merciful Heavenly Father to send His comforting Holy Spirit to sustain his folks, friends and relatives.
Earlis Scott
(It is believed that Earlis Scott was a Freewill Baptist minister who lived in the Wetumka area and was a long time friend of Grandpa Eason.)

Howard Lamar Eason

Submitted by: Brian Eason
Howard was born July 27,1942 in Tampa, Florida. He passed away on November 10, 1997. He was a Non-Emergency Technician for a wheelchair transport company.
He is survivied by a wife, two sons, two daughters and seven grandchildren.

James Albert Eason

Submitted by: Carol Eason
JAMES A. EASON, 75, of Harbor City, California, died at Olive View Hospital, in Olive View, California, on October 6, 1961. He was born in Ultimathule, Arkansas, was a Baptist, a retired Logger, and Shipyard worker. Survivors include three sons, Velle B. Eason, Sr. of Wilmington, California, Louie H. Eason of Harbor City, California, and James A. Eason, Jr. of Lomita, California one brother, William S. Eason of San Bernardeno, California and seven grandchildren. Services will be held at 1:00 p.m., October 10, 1961, at A.M. Gamby Mortuary in Lomita, California, with the Rev. Robert A. Wells officiating. Burial will be at the Valhalla Memorial Park in Los Angeles, California.

James Marion Eason

Submitted by: Syvone Eason Goodman
JAMES MARION EASON b. 7/2/1922, died July 19, 1990. Buried in Zebulon City Cemetary, Zebulon, NC (Wake County).
Son of Alonza & Flora Boykin Eason. His wife, FOLA McGEE EASON b. 10/29/1924 daughter of Wiley Z. McGee & Repsie Syvone Liles, died February 17, 2001, in Wilmington, NC (New Hanover County) and is also buried in Zebulon City Cemetary.
Survived by their children, Marian Syvone Goodman, Wilmington, NC, Joni Annette Johnston of McLean, VA & James Phillip Eason of Kernersville, NC 8 grandchildren & 7 great grandchildren.
Jim served in the Army during WW II taking part in the Normandy Invasion, Omaha Beach. He was retired from Public Service Company of NC, Raleigh, NC.
Jim had 4 brothers--Bernice, Ernest, Junior, Wesley & 1 sister, Magnolia Reeves. Fola had 3 sisters--Elizabeth, Dorothy, Hilda & 2 brothers, Joseph L. "J.L." & Bobby T. McGee.
Loving parents who will forever be missed.

James Thomas Eason, Sr.

Submitted by: Sylvia H. Watkins
JAMES THOMAS EASON, Sr., died early Saturday morning (Aug. 8, 1954) at Wallace Thompson Hospital in Union, SC after an illness of three weeks. Mr. Eason was born and reared in Atlanta, Ga., a son of the late William M. and Queenie Sewell Eason. He had lived in Whitmire, SC for the past 15 years and was a retired Seaboard Railroad employee, having retired 10 years ago. He was a member of the Baptist Church in Alabama, the Brotherhood of Railway Trainmen, the Masonic Lodge and the Order of the Shrine. Surviving are his wife, Mrs Addie L. Combs Eason, Whitmire two sons, James Thomas Jr., Atlanta, Ga., and Harold Eason, Whitmire two daughters, Mrs. Margaret Huneycutt, Whitmire, and Mrs Josephine Wicker, Ft. Walton Beach, Fla. two sisters, Mrs. J. L. Woodall and Mrs. J. L. Moon, both of Austell, GA., three brothers, Wesley, Atlanta, Ga., John, Milledgeville, Ga. and Charlie Eason, Austell, Ga., and four grandchildren. Funeral services were conducted Sunday afternoon at McSwain Funeral Home by the Rev. J. A. Alred, the Rev. Lonnie Barbee and Dr. R. N. DuBose, Burial Followed in Whitmire Cemetery.

James Thomas Eason, Jr.

As listed in:The Atlanta Journal
Submitted by: Sylvia H. Watkins
Mr. JAMES T. EASON, Jr., 73 of Atlanta, died recently. Surviving are his wife, Vera f. Eason, Atlant sister, Margaret E. Huneycutt, Whitmire, S.C. seven nieces and nephews. Interment services will be held Saturday, April 14, 1990 at 2 o'clock at Westview Cemetery. Rev. Robin Booth officiating. The family will receive friends Friday evening from 7 until 9 at Oglethorpe Hill, Mr. Eason was a member of Clarimont Baptist Church, a life member of Roseboro Masonic Lodge No. 195 of South Carolina. He retired from the Accounting Division of DeKalb County Government in 1982 and was a Air Force veteran of W.W. II. H. M. Patterson & Son, Oglethorpe Hill, 4550 Peachtree RD.

John W. Eason

As listed in:Brooklyn Daily Eagle, May 4, 1903
Submitted by: Charles F. Eason Jr.
--- One of the Veterans of the Police Force Expires in the Memorial Hospital. ---
--- After the War He Became a Policeman. Bravery and Integrity His Strong Characteristics. ---

Captain JOHN W. EASON of the Flushing avenue precinct died at 9:45 o'clock this morning at the Memorial Hospital, Classon and St. Marks avenues, where he was taken on Thursday last, suffering from a complication of diseases, liver and kidney predominating. Captain Eason seemed to be in his usual health up to last summer and was first taken ill on the day of the unveiling of the monument to the late General E. B. Fowler in Fort Greene. He was one of the committee of arrangements and it is thought that the excitement incidental to the occasion brought on heart trouble.
In the opinion of his lifelong friend, Captain Sylvester D. Baldwin of the Classon avenue station, that was the beginning of his illness. About two months ago jaundice set in, but the captain, with all of the pluck for which he was noted, kept at his post and even went to the Myrtle avenue court to personally appear in cases in which he was interested. His color at that time was strongly indicative of the disease from which he was suffering. Subsequently he was prostrated by liver and kidney troubles and these were succeeded in turn by dropsy. Three weeks ago he was obliged to remain at his home, 255 Steuben street, and then took to his bed. By advice of his physician he was taken on Thursday last to the Memorial Hospital, where he submitted to an operation. His family was at his bedside when he passed away. His brother, Sergeant Charles Eason of the Classon avenue station, who has been constantly in attendance on the captain, whenever his duties would permit, is confined to his home from illness.
Eason was one of the veteran captains of the force and had the respect of a number of people, for he was esteemed as an honest man and a good policeman and citizen. His last service to the city was at local police headquarters on the night of April 11. Every night one of the captains is assigned to duty at headquarters to act as inspector in charge until the business hours of the next day commence. Eason was ailing very much then and a reporter, an old friend, advised him to go home. "What's the use?" asked Eason. "The doctor has told me I should remain at home, but there is no ease for me there. I'd be worrying about what was going on in the precinct. And I think it better, anyway, for a man to stay at work just as long as he can. When I get real sick, when I cannot leave my bed, it will be time for me to give up work. Not until then." Today there will be a meeting of the higher officers of the force to take suitable steps to memorialize the dead captain's many excellent qualities as a policeman and as a citizen and to make suitable arrangements for the funeral.
Captain Eason has been a prominent public figure in Brooklyn for many years. Not so long ago he was spoken of for the nomination for Sheriff, but he did not secure that honor when the convention was held. He was a native of this country, being born in New York on Washington's Birthday, 1843. He moved to the then City of Brooklyn with his parents when he was a small child. He received his schooling here and at the time of the outbreak of the war was preparing to go into business. He enlisted in April 18, 1861, as a private in the Fourteenth Regiment, known later as "The Fighting Fourteenth," and as "The Red-legged Devils." His regiment went to the front and Eason was conspicuous because of his bravery and his ability as a soldier. Within two months he was promoted to the color guard of the regiment and shortly afterward was promoted to a sergeantcy because of bravery. During the war he was wounded three times, once in the battle of Bull Run, again at Antietam and last at Gettysburg.
He was mustered out of the Army on June 6, 1864, and three months after that joined the Metropolitan police force. He found an agreeable vocation in the police service and for nearly forty years he had been a faithful servant of the public. Eason was a sergeant in 1870, his promotion to that grade following soon after he had been made acting sergeant. Most of his police service was in the First Precinct, which covered the Heights territory as the Forty-ninth does to-day, and it had been a constant but unfulfilled ambition of his to be in control of that territory as captain. When he joined the force he was assigned to the old Forty-first, which later became the First Precinct, and which is now the Forty-ninth.
Eason had a long and creditable record as an officer in the Heights district and many of the oldest residents of that portion of Brooklyn were counted his friends. They appreciated him for his unswerving adherence to the dictates of his own conscience and to his sense of duty, and they knew him to be a brave man when bravery was of value to their safety.
One of the distinguishing acts of police work which was placed to his credit on the books of the department was the arrest of a desperate burglar who broke into the residence of S. S. Hond[s]low, a wealthy resident of Monroe place early on one morning many years ago. Mr. Hondslow was a real estate [illegible] and burglars believed that he had money and valuables in the house. They broke in one morning and one of them assaulted Mr. Hondslow with an axe, inflicting serious injuries. Eason was on post in the neighborhood at the time and saw the man escaping from the house. He gave chase with the bulldog persistence which was one of his characteristics and the pursuit continued over many back fences. But Eason stuck to his duty and did not give up the pursuit until he had landed the man a prisoner. In the chase the burglar fell from a fence and fractured his skull. He was still living when he was found, but he died shortly afterward. During the chase the man had turned on his pursuer and there had been a struggle, but Eason was in no way responsible for the man's injuries.
Eason was a sergeant at the time of the Brooklyn Theater fire and he rendered heroic service then. Indeed, he was always at his post when there was strenuous work in hand. After his promotion to a captaincy he was sent to the old Second Precinct on York street and moved with the precinct when it took up its present headquarters on Fulton street. He made many friends among the merchants and business people on lower Fulton street and when he was transferred from there he received substantial evidence of the esteem in which they held him. For a time he was in charge of the bridge squad, but the greater portion of his service as a commanding officer was done in the Flushing avenue precinct, the district of which he was in charge at the time of his death. A few months ago he was stricken with neuralgia of the heart and for a time his life was despaired of, but he rallied and when he was able to get out he seemed to be as strong as ever.
Eason's prominent characteristic was his sterling honesty and his unswerving fidelity to duty. He found time, within the manifold cares of his office, to continue friendships of earlier years, and he also found time to exercise his skill as an artist in black and white. Many of the pictures adorn the walls of his home and those of his friends and at one time he made designs for the cards of one of the most prominent photographers in Brooklyn.
Captain Eason was raised to that rank in 1888 by Colonel Partridge, but for some time before receiving that tribute to his excellence as a policeman he had been acting captain of the old Second Precinct. He was a member of the Mutual Aid Society of the police force, the Officers' Endowment Association, the Police Endowment Association, Rankin Post No.10, G. A. R.; the Fourteenth War Veterans Association and the Commonwealth Lodge No. 409, F. and A. M. He leaves a widow and several relatives, one of whom is a brother, Sergeant Charles Eason, of the Classon avenue station.
Captain Sylvester D. Baldwin of the Classon avenue station, in speaking of Captain Eason, said: "I have known him for thirty-five years. He was my sergeant and captain. He was a good man to his own men, and an excellent police officer, all the way through."
Sergeant P. J. Tracy has been acting captain of the Flushing avenue station since Captain Eason's illness, and a special meeting will be held some time today to take suitable action regarding the captain's death. Arrangements for the funeral had not been completed at noon today.

Margaret Violet Davidson

As listed in:The Montreal Gazette, Saturday, April 6, 1993
Submitted by: C. Duguay
DAVIDSON, MARGARET VIOLET DUNCAN-WAYWELL (nee EASON). Peacefully at the Montreal General Hospital on April 3, 1993. Loving mother of Ted (Marge) of Ottawa and David (Kim). Loving grand-mother of Beth, Christopher, Nancy, Glen and Amanda. Dear sister of Kathleen (Ron Pyves and family), and the late Rita (William). Special friend of Dorothy, Timmy and Evelyn Ryan. Funeral from Collins Clarke Chapel, 5610 Sherbrooke Street West on Tuesday, April 6 at 11 a.m. Interment Field of Honour Cemetery. Visitation on Sunday 7 to 9 p.m. and Monday 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m.

Martin "Blaze" Eason

Submitted by: Claudia Stapley
Martin "Blaze" Eason, 66, of Bradenton, died July 24, 1999, at Manatee Memorial Hospital in Bradenton. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 pm Monday at Griffith-Cline Funeral Home, Manasota Chapel, 1221 53rd Ave E, Bradenton. Services will begin at 10 am Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Winn officiating. Burial will be in Palma Sola Cemetery in Bradenton.
Born in Baxley, Ga, Mr. Eason came to Manatee County in 1953. He was a superintendent with the Manatee County Highway Department and a member of the CBers, and he served in the US Army during the Korean War. He was a Protestant.
He is survived by his wife, Linda Eason of Bradenton, four daughters, Annette Kelley, Billie Jo Eason, Bobbie Jo Eason, and Lisa Bivens, all of Bradenton one sister, Gwendolyn Everette of Baxley, Ga, one brother, Vernice Eason of Bradenton, and four grandsons.
Martin died from pancreatic cancer. Blaze was his CB handle.

Maurence P. Eason

As listed in: The New York Times, February 4, 1990
Submitted by: Shelly (Eason) Nicastro
EASON, MAURENCE P. 81, died Thursday in Castle Park Nursing Home, 22 King St. He leaves a son, Miles Eason of Rockport. The funeral will be held tomorrow from Graham, Putnam & Mahoney Funeral Parlors, 838 Main St., with a Mass at 9 a.m. in St. Paul's Cathedral, 15 Chatham St. Burial will be in Hope Cemetery. There are no calling hours.

Mavis Irene Eason Rakestraw

As Notified by:Gary and Robin, December 17, 2000
Submitted by: Gary and Robin
MAVIS IRENE EASON RAKESTRAW went to meet her Lord and Saviour today at 6:10 pm. She departed this life peacefully with the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ. She opened her eyes looked up into heaven and then passed on, quietly and peacefully.
The family will receive family and friends Tuesday evening at E. Alvin Small Funeral Home in Colonial Heights, Virginia from 7 pm - 8:30 pm. The funeral will be held on Wednesday at 11 am in the Chapel at the same location. Mavis will be laid to rest at Sunset Memorial Cemetary in Chester, Virginia.

Queen Victoria Sewell Eason

As listed in:The Atlanta Journal
Submitted by: Sylvia H. Watkins
EASON, Mrs. W. M. (Queen V.)--Died, September 14, 1939, Mrs. W. M. (Queen V.) Eason, of Austell, Ga., in her 84th year. She is survived by four daughters, Mrs. W. R. Murner, of Mableton, Ga. Mrs. J. O. Wooddall, Mrs. J. L. Moon and Mrs. H. M. Barton, of Austell, Ga. four sons, Mr. C. A. Eason and Mr. W. D. Eason, of Austell, Ga. Mr. J. T. Eason, Whitmire, S. C., and Mr. John Eason, of Milledgeville, Ga. one daughter-in-law, Mrs. Annie Eason, of Atlanta, a number of grandchildren, great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. Funeral services will be held Saturday afternoon, September 16 at 3 o'clock, at the Mableton Baptist church. Rev. G. W. Southard will officiate. Interment, Davis cemetery. Grandsons will serve as pallbearers and meet at the residence at 2:30 o'clock. Cliff Collins Funeral Home, Austell, Ga.

Roy Eason

As listed in:The Atlanta Journal
Submitted by: Sylvia H. Watkins
June 11, 1996 ROY EASON, retiree from Colonial Stores.
The Funeral for Roy Eason of Austell, a retired employee of Colonial Stores, will be at 11 a. m. today at Roy Davis Funeral Home, with burial in Mountain View Cemetery. Mr. Eason, 94 died Saturday at home. "My father started working for Colonial Stores the year before I was born in 1936 and stayed on for 31 years," said his daughter, Jean Burgess of Austell. "He supervised everything being put into the building itself...he hired laborers and subcontractors to do the work." Mrs. Burgess said her father knew "all about the inside of a store and how it was built," and that he taught her how to "read a blueprint as a child." "I was fortunate and knew the names of tools and how to use them," she said. "I was taught a lot about practical, mechanical things." She said her father was "just a country boy" who valued resourcefulness and would sometimes "put leather" on his family's shoes instead of ":just buying new ones." "My father only had a seventh- or eighth-grade education, but had a remarkably important job," his daughter said. "He had an extremely good amount of common sense and a natural ability to handle all the things he did." Surviving in addition to his daughter are three children, Helon Castleberry of Woodstock, Maxine Payne of Union City, and Sibyl K. Turner of Smyrna a brother, Walter Culpepper of Douglasville 11 grandchildren 11 great-grandchildren, and two great-great-grandchildren.

Roy William Eason

Submitted by: Lesa Thompson
Roy William Eason, son of late William T. Eason and Estella Eason,sister Nell Eason.
Roy Eason the five year old son of William Eason, who died at their home on the Cam Morris place, last Monday, Aug., 15, from Malaria, was laid to rest in the Concord Cemetary last Tuesday. Berry & Reed local undertakers conducted the funeral.
Born: August 14, 1916, died August 16, 1921

Sarah Elizabeth Eason

Submitted by: Lesa Thompson
Mrs. Sarah Elizabeth Eason, aged 70, died at her home at Lonoke this morning. Mrs. Eason had been a life-long resident of Lonoke Arkansas, her father came to Arkansas from Dublin Ireland (Micheal Lynch). She was a member of the Lonoke Baptist church. She is survived by two daughters Miss Mary Eason of Lonoke, and Miss Annie Knox of Saco Maine two sons, William Thomas and Albert Hays Eason of Lonoke one grandaughter, Mrs. Harvey Walker of Lonoke, and other grandchildren. Funeral services will be held at Baily Funeral Home at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, in charge of the Service Rev. W.M. Pratt and the Rev. D.T. Rowe. Burial will be in Lonoke Cemetery

Stephen Alonzo Eason

Submitted by: Constanze Lydia Eason
My grandfather, Stephen Alonzo Eason, was born on June 5, 1918 in NC. I'm not sure when he moved to VA, but he did and it was there, in Emporia, that he met my grandmother, Mary Lucy Williams. They got married and had 5 children, Steven Eason, Margaret Marie Eason, John Henry Eason (my father), Annette Eason, and Michael Lee Eason. He is survived by all of the above.
He departed this earth on November 9, 1993

Velle Bennette Eason

Submitted by: Carol Eason
VELLE BENNETTE EASON, Sr. 73, of Malvern, Arkansas, died Friday, February 22, 1985. He was born in Ultimathule, Arkansas, was a Baptist, a vetern of World War II and retired from General Motors Corp. of Southgate, California. Survivors include his wife Inez Eason, of Malvern two sons, Velle B. Eason, Jr.of Placentia, California and Charles Eason, of Tacoma, Washington one daughter, Carol Eason, of Tacoma, Washington one brother, Jim Eason, of Anaheim, California four grandchildren and a brother-in-law. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the Caruth Funeral Home Chapel, with the Rev. A.J. Simpson officiating. Burial will be in the Prairie Bayou Cemetery under the direction of Caruth Funeral Home.

William Monroe Eason

As listed in:The Atlanta Journal
Submitted by: Sylvia H. Watkins
EASON--Friends and relatives of Mr. and Mrs. W. M. Eason, of Mableton Mrs. L. B. Work, of Bowden Mr. and Mrs. W. R. Murner, Mr. and Mrs. J. O. Woodall, of Austell Mr. and Mrs J. L. Moon, of Atlanta Mr. and Mrs. C. L. Cochran, of Mableton Mr. and Mrs. W. A. Eason, of Blackwells Mr. and Mrs. C. A. Eason, of Mableton, Mr. and Mrs. J. T. Eason, of Ohatchee, Ala., are invited to attend the funeral of Mr. WILLIAM MONROE EASON this (Wednesday) afternoon at 2 o'clock from the chapel of Davis cemetery, Rev. F. M. Lacy officiating. Interment will be in Davis cemetery. Grandsons of the deceased will serve as pallbearers. Members of Mableton Lodge No. 202, I. O. O. F. will have charge of the service at the graveside. John S. Dobbins & Sons, funeral directors, Marietta, Ga

William Thomas Eason

Submitted by: Lesa Thompson
Funeral services for William Thomas Eason, 61 2903 Arkansas Avenue, North Little Rock, a foreman for the North Little Rock City Sanitation Department, who died yesterday, will be conducted tomorrow at 2 p.m. in Palm Street Baptist Church by the Rev. H. W. Darst and the Rev. Earl Darden. Burial will be in Edgewood by Owens & Co. Pallbearers will be Homer Stanfield, Arch Morgan, John Harris, Dick Louis, Roy Beard and Alvis A. Webb.
Died: April 11, 1957, Burried April 13, 1957

Return to: Obituary Name List.
Return to: Eason Family Home Page.

Updated: Wednesday, 6 July 2016
Copyright 1999 - 2016 by Ron Eason