This cemetery (the second named "Goss" in Wood Township) is located on another farm also owned by George Goss, a native of North Carolina. The property was owned by John Trainer at the time inscriptions were taken in the 1940s.
The other Goss Cemetery in Wood Township is the burial place of pioneer George Goss (1777-1854), who came to Clark County with his brothers, David and John Goss in the second decade of the 1800s.
BELL Elizabeth, wife of Elias b. 1852 d. 1876 DOUP C. A. b. ???? d. ???? DOUP David b. 1824 d. 1906 DOUP David Silas b. 1850 d. 1874 DOUP Rosa b. 1857 d. 1859 DOUP Sarah, wife of David b. 1822 d. 1886 FORDYCE A. C. b. 1842 d. 1919 FORDYCE Elizabeth, wife of A. C. b. 1844 d. 1895 GILL 2 sisters of Pat Gill are buried here; no markers b. ???? d. ???? GOSS David H., father of Tom, William C. and others; called "Spittin' Dave"; no marker b. 1828 d. ???? GOSS Elizabeth, wife of George (she was a WRIGHT) b. 08/29/1804 d. 1863 GOSS Ephraim b. 1837 d. 1913 GOSS George, husband of Elizabeth b. 08/17/1796 d. 11/22/1878 GOSS Rosa, daughter of S. & M. b. 1896 d. 1897 GOSS Rosalinda, wife of Ephraim b. 1839 d. 1891 GOSS Samuel; buried here about 1940; no marker b. ???? d. ???? HOUSEWORTH Christina, wife of B. F. b. 1844 d. 1904 McGILL Patrick b. 1824 d. 1899 WALTZ Lizzie b. 1860 d. 1908I have no further information on this cemetery. This index was obtained from the Jeffersonville Township Public Library, 211 East Court Avenue, Jeffersonville, Indiana 47130, telephone: (812) 285-5635.
E-mail: Dee Pavey
Click here to return to the Clark County Cemeteries Index
Click here to return to the Clark County INGenWeb site