This cemetery is located on John Long Road 1/4 mile from the junction of High Jackson and the beginning of Stacy Road on the John Peyton farm. Click here for a topographical map of this site, courtesy of www.TopoZone.com.
This very small cemetery has a stone wall. There have been no burials here since 1909. It was reported to Lois Mauk in July of 1997 that the cemetery had just been cleaned in June of 1997.
The following records were gathered
many years ago by B. C. Holmes.
Avery LONG b. 02/07/1808 d. 06/15/1903 Elisha LONG b. 07/25/1779 d. 11/06/1856 (year of death may have been 1853) Mary Goodwin Long (consort of Avery; his first wife; year of death may have been 1835) LONG b. 11/29/1808 d. 01/04/1838 Sophia E. Bottorff (second wife of Avery) LONG b. 11/05/1820 d. 04/19/1909 Willis (son of Avery & Mary) LONG b. 08/30/1832 d. 09/29/1850 James PEYTON b. ???? d. ???? Martha Jane Long Peyton (age 31) PEYTON b. 1852 d. 02/27/1883I have no further information on this cemetery. This index was obtained from the Jeffersonville Township Public Library, 211 East Court Avenue, Jeffersonville, Indiana 47130, telephone: (812) 285-5635.
E-mail: Dee Pavey
Click here to return to the Clark County Cemeteries Index
Click here to return to the Clark County INGenWeb site